Two vintage finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just wanted some clarification on years. I know the blue is a Monark about 40s or 50s and the red is a Sears Roebuck. Any other info would be awesome, I appreciate it.

The Monark is awesome, a Silver King I think. The Sears is unusual, with cottered cranks probably made in Germany. Usually those were lightweights with lugged frames, that one looks like a mix of German and US made parts, original minus the apes. Probably 60's.

Thanks so much! Even tho the Sears isn't popular here or worth anything, I really like it!! I wanna find parts for the Monark, needing the tank and front fender piece. Do you know of what cite I could go to find these? What is a cottered crank? And is it better or worse?

I'm not sure where to find parts, you could post that question in the wanted section here.

Cottered cranks are an older style type of cranks. I have a few bikes with them, the cranks are held in place by cotterpins. There advantages and disadvantages, but they work fine for me.
v82046.jpg

Latest posts

Back