Ubernaturlich ( Check the Completed )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ubernaturlich (Headlamp ? ?)

Very cool!
An old AND new Everlasting gobstopper headlight!!!

Re: Ubernaturlich (First Time)

My first ever re-lace. New rim and spokes with the old skip tooth hub. Laced up but not tight and trued yet. We'll see how it turns out.

BORearWheel.jpg

Re: Ubernaturlich (First Time)

I used another wheel that was hanging out in the basement as a template. It was a bit frustrating, especially with my 2 year old boy asking what I was doing every 10 seconds. He wanted to help so bad, so I let him thread on a few of the spoke nipples, and, of course, hand me the spokes as I needed them.

Re: Ubernaturlich (Starting Rear Fender & Wheel)

Nice job on the stripes 8)

imagearchy said:
ChrisMac said:
Thoughts?

BOLight2.jpg

BOLight3.jpg
I dig the light! That should clean up nice!!! Or run what ya brung!

Wow, thanks. Believe it or not, that was a nice compliment. That is actually a brand new plastic lamp from the driving light section at the local Advance Auto. I painted and aged it to look that way to match the patina on the frame.

Love the pre patina paint work you do and of course the patina work is so amazing that people think it's old stuff.
Keep it up!!!!!

ChrisMac said:
imagearchy said:
ChrisMac said:
Thoughts?

BOLight2.jpg

BOLight3.jpg
I dig the light! That should clean up nice!!! Or run what ya brung!

Wow, thanks. Believe it or not, that was a nice compliment. That is actually a brand new plastic lamp from the driving light section at the local Advance Auto. I painted and aged it to look that way to match the patina on the frame.
Fooled me! Very nice....!
Come to think of it? I have a set of these on my light bin!

I couldn't resist. They look so much like the lights on tanksalot's color flows. I went and picked up a set. Now I have to tinker with them.
It's amazing what you did with yours!!!!

0021.jpg

Re: Ubernaturlich (Rear Fender Is Complete)

That is so funny to look at. It like the reverse order of a restore!!!

Master craftsman at work here. I think this is some of the most realistic Fauxtina that I have ever seen.

Re: Ubernaturlich ( Bringin' Sexy Back ! )

Yes sir!!!!!!
I am totally feeling that rear wheel!!!! Slick with the notched edges really takes me back and a white wall to boot!!!! And that red rim with the striping just sets it all off perfectly!!!!

Go head gitcha sexy on!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back