Uno Mas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yet another Flightliner: I picked up the frame at a bike swap meet for $20, including a nice little tank, which had a completed Flightliner just waiting for it. I'm gonna try to build this up from parts I already have, and not spend any extra money, in the true rat tradition.
Here's the frame:
20180110_120023.jpg

Here's where its tank went:
20180110_120045.jpg

Now I need to dig out some parts.

Goin' with the vintage (possibly Flightliner) chainwheel, at about the 12 o'clock position. A buddy just gave me the triple-tree fork two days ago! I've had the slicks forever.

Mocked it up today, with motorcycle drag bars, that triple-tree fork, and a Shimano 3.3.3 rear wheel.
20180111_085923.jpg

Tried a really cool rat trap rack. Nah....
20180111_091119.jpg

So here's how I see it: the front fork and motorcycle bars are shiny and beefy, so the delicate frame seems overwhelmed visually. I think I need a bold color for the frame, like orange? I have lots of spray paint, but no orange. Any suggestions?

I like the lime green idea. Redline Hanks are always cool.

Laid back seat post and big rear fender to to offset the fork's visual weight. Any Muscle bike color would be cool as would a fade to shift the eye... Purple to gold to purple comes to mind.

Carl.

I really like Flightliner frames, this looks like a super cool and simple rat.

Thanks Scribble. All my builds are simple. I have some very fond memories of Boise, it's cool downtown, and skiing at Bogus.

Cool! That will stand out with the other parts nicely!

Latest posts

Back