UnOfficialMusclecar/Bike Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok I have a project that just keeps begging to be built, so here we go, I will throw out a challenge to four other builders, first to pm gets a spot, the theme is Musclecars and we all have are favorites. I am a primarily a Chevy/Buick guy but anymore I have a soft spot for anykind of musclecar so with that said I am building a mopar themed bike, it would be cool to have all makes represented but we will see....
The Rules
1. Frame must be in the original design, but can be altered such as filling holes or creating them or cutting off brackets that are not being used.
2.No professional paint jobs ( sensor you would be an exception, its how you roll )
3.Chevrolet,Ford,Dodge,Chrysler,Plymouth,Mercury,Amc,Olds,Buick, all made musclecars, NO HONDA'S!!!!!
4. Procrastinator's Stand Tall,,,, The completion date is slated for April 1st ...but in the real world things come up so I will add a three week grace period , so absolutely May.?? final date
5. Lets try to keep colors authentic as possible such as Marina Blue, Panther Pink ect
6. Economy sucks ! so try to keep it under $100 for the total ...of course you can try but no penalty if you go over
7. it starts as soon as the spots are filled
8 . Voting by the Ratrod Bikes Members

Re: Gold Streets Musclecar/Bike Buildoff

Oh I like the sounds of this one. I've been dying to do a Hurst/Olds inspired bike. Not sure if can commit to it though, got a project taking up my spare time already. Mopar you say Goldstreet? Hemi valve cover tank comes to mind :D

I like this theme! To bad evewryone in this build didn't live close enough together to set up some drag racing!
RACE IT ONE SUNDAY, Pacific steals your idea, AND SELL IT ON MONDAY!

I'm in with some Chevy muscle

Here's the frame I'm using it's a 70's Schwinn Speedster Ive started mocking some pieces in place but have to wait till the local car swap meet in a couple weeks to get the real parts that I'm going to use
image001-1.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
450redrider said:
I'm in with a chevy
I kinda figured you would be popping in for this one. How's the knee?

I was debating on doing it or not but couldn't help it, The knee sucks but I can actually move around on it now going through the physical therapy 3 times a week so hopefully here pretty quick I can start riding again

I stripped this bike down for the Klunker build but was never able to finish it. The paint job I did on it came out bad, it was way too humid that day. I will strip the paint and try again. It's gonna be Rustoleum metalic uhhh 'Buick' red. :oops: That's all my budget allows for.

71racer1.jpg

The seat, post, tank and my dog's butt.

P1012682.jpg

ej599 said:
I stripped this bike down for the Klunker build but was never able to finish it. The paint job I did on it came out bad, it was way too humid that day. I will strip the paint and try again. It's gonna be Rustoleum metalic uhhh 'Buick' red. :oops: That's all my budget allows for.

71racer1.jpg

The seat, post, tank and my dog's butt.

P1012682.jpg

That cool I'm planning on using Schwinn Speedster for mine but it has a straight top bar

sensor said:
love the valve cover tank 450!
saw that and though of kevs bike...
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1191
(just in case any of the new guys havent seen it)

Thanks I'm going to get a actual Chevrolet script pair but this served as a nice mock up, And I absolutely love that bike that was one of the first one that caught my eye when I found this site

Okay, let's roll!

Wouldn't be a Buick without portholes. I made some out of electrical knockout plugs and perforated metal.

I drilled out the plugs, gave the perf. circles a slight dome and shoved them in the backside of the plugs. I folded 3 of the ears over to hold the perf in.

P1012694.jpg

P1012695.jpg

ej599: Nice work on the portholes. Should look real nice. I'll keep watching, maybe get more ideals from your build.

Latest posts

Back