Victus Mortuus (Riding Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok since I really cannot build a decent ratrod bike, this anything goes category is probably more my forte. The most frequent question I have ever got from people about one of my bikes is about my Skelebike. The question was "Can you ride it?" Ive had many answers over the years in response to that dreaded question but always the bottom line was "No, you cannot ride it." I never intended it that way, it was built as art. I only dressed it up in bike drab to put it in an Autorama. You know kinda a bucket list thing. Its gotten tiring over the years to the point that if I show it, I remove the handlebars, chain and sprocket and I really dont sit near it any more which is sad. So without further ado, Im am going to attempt to build one that anyone daring enough to get on may do so at your own personal liability. Dont look for the same design as the original either cause Im not into building the same thing twice. If you have a facebook account you can follow me as well. And dont forget to hit "like" and you can follow all the macabre madness besides bicycles that i get into. I keep it clean so dont worry about the little ones peeping in. So hang on Im going to have to build fast if I have any chance of finishing. Heres my frame im starting with. Its a mid seventies roadmaster in pretty bad shape but perfect for me.

Heres the concept, the Skelebike.

Re: Victus Mortuus

I love the bike you built as art, now I look forward to see the art you build as a bike.
Good luck.

Now this will be one 8) build...
Goin on your art build...I think I will quit while I'm ahead... :p

Well heres whats left of the poor little roadmaster. I guess from this point on I will be building up.

I had to widen this crank to go around the skeletons pelvic bone. I gained about an inch clearance on each side. I hope its enough cause that took alot of heat to do it. I also made these rear dropouts which are really front dropouts now I guess. Are you confused yet? The bottom bar is going to become his spine. Thats whats next. See you tomorrow.

Ok this is going way too smooth so far. I usually run into problems by now and the only issue Ive even thought about is what to do with his arms/hands when I get to that point. Good thing i have some time to decide. Today I got the spine in along with the steering tube. I also welded in an extra steel bar that runs along the spine. I have a plan for it but was mainly put in to strengthen the spine. This was the weak link in the original bike. I cut the pelvis out too and welded it to the backbone and started to heat and bend it around. What a complex piece of anatomy that is. I had to look at alot of pictures to even come up with a design. I laid it out on stiff cardboard to bend around and see if it looked right. Im sure some grinding is in order. Now sleep, Im workin a seven day week after a six day last week. Im coming into our busy time at work right now which is great for my pocketbook but bad for my mental state which is already...well you know. Bear with me.

I started cleaning my shop area so you dont have to look at all my junk too.

Crap, now I so want to build one. :shock:
I'll be watching this one.

Tommy Atoms said:
Heres the style of bike Im going for. This is BM, Its a penny-fakething. I built this one 2 years ago and love it. The skeleton will be sitting over the front wheel and I will steer out of the top of his head. This will be my tallest bike yet.
:shock: Awesome! That will be one cool bike!

Luke.

Tommy Atoms said:
JoKeR63 said:
Crap, now I so want to build one. :shock:
I'll be watching this one.
Everyone should have one in their fleet.

here is one I built a while back. Only my 12 year old son was able to ride it.

168813_4030339075248_1179783601_n.jpg

It's funny to look at your photos and not read the description. I was sitting here trying to figure out what purpose does that have?, the I read it was a pelvic bone. Duh, of course!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back