Victus Mortuus (Riding Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Victus Mortuus

Ok its been a while since I posted any new photos so here are a few. I have a good excuse though... me and my kids were preparing for a very important test. For me and my son, we had our second of three blackbelt pre-tests. We passed and will be testing for our blackbelts in September. My daughter is a few stripes behind us. I am very proud of my kids for achieving this level. We have our ceremony on Thursday and I will try and post a photo. Now it will be very tough to finish this build but I will do my best for you. Besides I am driven by a challenge and this will be no different. In case you want to build your own Femur bones here is how I did it. Cut , heat and bend.

These are common steel ball bearings. The drill bits were used to keep them from falling down the tube. Once welded on, I filled the rest with mild steel filler rod. Some grinding and here ya go. The top of the bone was made by inserting a ball joint end into the tube at an angle. I cannot believe how close the pedal comes to it but that was kind of planned when I made the pelvic bone. I love how it all came out.

Man what a loser I am. 3 days off work and really nothing to show for it. I worked on the lower leg bones but nothing worthy of a picture. Just didnt have it in me to make the feet, or the right materials. I did grind on the shoulder blades and add a little welding. I really need to get the legs and feet done so the structure of the bike will be complete and I can figure out where the seat will go. In fact if any of you have any cool old fat (wide) seats that might look cool on this bike feel free to shoot me a PM. Ive got a little knot set aside for accessories. So, sorry no progress pics but heres a better shot of the shoulder blades.

Those are some nice sholda-ma-pads.

How heavy is that thing going to be when your done not that it will matter because it is amazing looking

How heavy is that thing going to be when your done.. not that it will matter because it is amazing looking

Weight is subjective and also devisable by cool, so this bike at an estimated 75 pounds divided by a coolness rating of 95, would give you a subjective weight rating of .78 pounds!

A super lightweight carbon fixie however at a weight of 10 pounds divided by a coolness rating of 2 comes in at a subjective weight rating of 5 pounds, by comparison a very heavy bike...

I could go on about other influences that affect the rating but they really only create minor differences, for example, using the bounce reverb force on the coolness rating of the fixie, the rating does improve slightly to 4.87023 pounds, hardly worth mentioning...

Luke.

Von Stans said:
How heavy is that thing going to be when your done.. not that it will matter because it is amazing looking
Thanks Von Stans! Well now you got me wondering, just how much does this thing come in at? So I took out the household scale and balanced the bike evenly over my center of gravity and surprisingly it came out to 40 Lbs. Thats not horrible but also I still have some more weight to add. In comparison, my BM pennyfakething, the green bike, weighs 34 lbs. It is a smaller bike too with nothing fancy on it and it rides like a dream. Im not worried because I dont see me doing alot of long rides on it. If its that heavy then I will have to get a 3 speed for it. No big deal. Thanks for asking.

Hey again. Not a whole lot going on with this build lately and Im real sorry for that, but Im just flat out tired. Im sure it will get done in time for the dead line but right now Im slow. I have been putzing around with feet bones, leg bones and his pearly whites and I have a four day weekend starting Friday so Im building up some stuff for it now. Heres a couple of shots.

So I was checkin out your green bike,wich is kinda funky, and thought,well I have all those parts laying around why dont I make one of those crazy bikes...Not sure bout the hills here thou...You have inspired me to build one maybe this winter,just for the heck of it...Give the locals something to shake there heads some more... :D
Hope you dont mind.

Funkme said:
So I was checkin out your green bike,wich is kinda funky, and thought,well I have all those parts laying around why dont I make one of those crazy bikes...Not sure bout the hills here thou...You have inspired me to build one maybe this winter,just for the heck of it...Give the locals something to shake there heads some more... :D
Hope you dont mind.
Glad to hear I actually inspired someone. Usually I disgust people with my morbid humor and foul vocabulary. Just kidding of corpse. So you like my Pennyfakething and want to scare your neigh-bores with one of your own. I love it! I did not invent this style of bike or name it and after building mine I found out there are alot of these bikes out there in many shapes. Check it out on YouTube. Johnny Payphone has made this bike pretty popular with his penny called "Winifred". He has made his bike with underslung steering for hands free riding. Really cool! So check some out and get one built in a weekend. You will love it.

Tommy Atoms said:
Funkme said:
Hope you dont mind.
Glad to hear I actually inspired someone. Usually I disgust people with my morbid humor and foul vocabulary. Just kidding of corpse. So you like my Pennyfakething and want to scare your neigh-bores with one of your own. I love it! I did not invent this style of bike or name it and after building mine I found out there are alot of these bikes out there in many shapes. Check it out on YouTube. Johnny Payphone has made this bike pretty popular with his penny called "Winifred". He has made his bike with underslung steering for hands free riding. Really cool! So check some out and get one built in a weekend. You will love it.
I saw it here first,pretty funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:
This will be a rainy day project,only cause a guy dropped off 4 20" kids bikes,so have to make use of them somehow...

Latest posts

Back