VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: early bicycle photos

twins.jpg

Who needs a helmet with a haircut like that? I hope those kids got more than 1 lollipop.

Here are a couple of pics of a famous board track racer.
bobbywalthour.jpg

This was Bobby Walthour. He was from Atlanta and was one of the top boardtrack and distance racers in the early 1900's. It was written that he trained for races by riding a fixed gear bike down hill. His brother Palmer, founded the Walthour and Hood Company in Atlanta in 1907. Walthour and Hood distributed bicycles and parts among other things until the late 1980's. They distributed their own brand of bikes under the name of Walco for years.

bobbywalthour2.jpg

Here is Bobby riding a big gear bike behind an early motorcycle. That thing sure ain't no Honda 50. This is probably a different shot of a pic posted earlier in this thread. Thanks!!!

That looks more like a tractor,I couldnt even begin to guess the brand.Kinda looks home made.

Came across a bunch of photos on a San Diego historical site awhile ago, took me awhile to find them again, mostly Excelsiors and such but some nice ones. I'll post a few but there's abunch of others at this link

http://www.sandiegohistory.org/collections/motorcycles/motorcyclesb.htm

San Diego motorcycle patrolman Freshour on Excelsior, circa 1915
12514.jpg

Roy O'Hare on Excelsior Sweetwater track 7/21/1912
20573.jpg

Urquhart posing in studio on Indian motorcycle
urquhart.jpg

Cleveland motorcycles and Emblem Bicycles on display at Balboa Park show, 1920
3324-6.jpg

Latest posts

Back