BO15 WAHA-SEDB-3 (TRIKE-TOR...2nd Place)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing around with hybrid steering system.
a84d05073c1dfa4c5310193d5b158fed.jpg

Ought to be one if a kind...maybe, suppose someone else has done it though. Let me know.
8e48f60ac6b7b031b0a82797aa1d84a3.jpg

3a4f4bc7721a99adf73096b1ef0e124b.jpg

To paint or not to paint?

Have you tried a relatively hidden spot with #0000 steel wool and white vinegar? If the rust is mostly suface, you might lift up aome of the natural patina of the paint underneath.

What if you left the steering wheel on the handle bar, but cut the bars where they are tangential to the 'circle'. Then color the steering wheel spokes to match the handle bar or vice a versa. Blend right in.

Have you tried a relatively hidden spot with #0000 steel wool and white vinegar? If the rust is mostly suface, you might lift up aome of the natural patina of the paint underneath.

What if you left the steering wheel on the handle bar, but cut the bars where they are tangential to the 'circle'. Then color the steering wheel spokes to match the handle bar or vice a versa. Blend right in.

The hood is pretty much just rust. A little paint residue around grill openings and bottom edges. I did a wipe down with scotch brute pads and WD-40. Some paint on bike frame. I do have the other hood that has fair paint.
Steering wheel bars in limbo at this point.
Thanks for input.

My opinion, one or the other, both makes no sense.
a84d05073c1dfa4c5310193d5b158fed.jpg

You are probably right, but does this whole idea of a tractor hood on a reversed tricycle bike make sense? Are we here to make sense? Just a thought.

You are probably right, but does this whole idea of a tractor hood on a reversed tricycle bike make sense? Are we here to make sense? Just a thought.
I'll be honest and probably anger some people, but it's just my opinion. I never liked the look of a steering wheel on a bike. Now THIS bike on the other hand looks great with the wheel. Maybe that's why I don't see adding the bars with it.

I'm also not a big fan of rust, probably because I'm a painter. But again, it fits this build perfectly. If you were to paint it, a traditional black with flames would look wild on this!

I don't remember if you ever mentioned it, are you putting a tractor seat on it?

Last edited:
Playing around with hybrid steering system.
Ought to be one if a kind...maybe, suppose someone else has done it though. Let me know.
Lowriders have been doing this for decades.
290303.jpg

The difference is that one is from the hood and the other is through the hood.:rofl:

I'll be honest and probably anger some people, but it's just my opinion. I never liked the look of a steering wheel on a bike. Now THIS bike on the other hand looks great with the wheel. Maybe that's why I don't see adding the bars with it.

I'm also not a big fan of rust, probably because I'm a painter. But again, it fits this build perfectly. If you were to paint it, a traditional black with flames would look wild on this!

I don't remember if you ever mentioned it, are you putting a tractor seat on it?

Yes I like the wheel also, as that was the original plan. I haven’t tried the current setup with the wheel. So the bars are backup control.
I also like shiny or patina. I’ve never done a “rust biket” in the build offs.
I have a tractor seat, I need to dig it out and see if it could work.

Lowriders have been doing this for decades.
290303.jpg

The difference is that one is from the hood and the other is through the hood.:rofl:

Yah I’d forgot about the low riders. I’ve never really been a fan, but your photo reminds me of the ones I’ve seen at our car shows.
Stay tuned this hood may be going low before this is over.

I forgot that you have two hoods. You should use both, one over each front wheel. :D :D

I forgot that you have two hoods. You should use both, one over each front wheel. :D :D
Not going to happen. Might be cool though.
And make them turn with the wheels! That should simplify things
You are such a comedian...simplify things my (___), fill in the blank.

Our state is opening everything thing up, basically 100% with no regulations, wish me luck.

Statistically, I have a 79.83% of dying from Covid-19 if infected, based on age and a couple of medical conditions.

Last edited:
The factory that the Bradley hood was manufactured in is a couple of miles from me. You can still see the Sears and Bradley logos on it. It is an industrial park now.

Not going to happen. Might be cool though.

You are such a comedian...simplify things my (___), fill in the blank.

Our state is opening everything thing up, basically 100% with no regulations, wish me luck.

We've been opening up for about a month now without major problems at all. I've already had more than 10 sit down dinners in restaurants. There were even a ton of tourists out and about this holiday weekend here.

We've been opening up for about a month now without major problems at all. I've already had more than 10 sit down dinners in restaurants. There were even a ton of tourists out and about this holiday weekend here.

Don't get me started on tourists.........:crazy2:

The factory that the Bradley hood was manufactured in is a couple of miles from me. You can still see the Sears and Bradley logos on it. It is an industrial park now.

Photos?

I pulled out my CI Kingman implement seat. I noticed it has a new crack in it. It has fallen over a couple of times in garage. Almost afraid to mess with it. It’s a little out of scale either bike.
2fd4db63d1501b09d08c48483cc99070.jpg

02f85bc8bf9279fc341402d9b1375e64.jpg

bca45b8760f1ad87bcc6aabdcd397607.jpg

Big butt seat...
2167c007bb14a8b671fd9c1ba81c481e.jpg

4fe79330ced907ba01d6a46f791bf608.jpg

e5a363607fa0d9eff40b6fa559e1a6ce.jpg

Latest posts

Back