• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted - looking for a 1948 - 1953 DX Straight Bar.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a 1948-1953 DX straight frame to restore, if you have one that you’re interested in selling please contact me. I have most of the part for the restoration, but the frame I have now is in poor condition and have decided to abort.

Aren't those two different things...a DX and a straight bar? A DX having a curved intermediate bar.

Postwar DX...
post-war-schwinn-dx-frame-restoration_1_a67b3495284cb4ab4026c55c5e7cfe04.jpg

Postwar Straight Bar...
holy-grail-1949-schwinn-fat-bar_1_38d0c356a09c9b8456a6ba1dca06fb00.jpg

Yep DX is curved.
These frames were heavy and strong. Repair may be possible unless it's completely rusted away. Whole sections can be replaced and welded in. Bends can be straightened.
I’m looking for a 1948-1953 DX straight frame to restore, if you have one that you’re interested in selling please contact me. I have most of the part for the restoration, but the frame I have now is in poor condition and have decided to abort.
Post up some pics of your frame and maybe get some ideas on whether to fix or trash it.

Latest posts

Back