(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the engine settled in on the frame, the drive chain got too loose again. So I changed the pedal side chain ring to a 48T and took two links out of the chain and it worked even better than the last set-up. Pure luck!

After a few other minor adjustments I put a few miles on it and then loaded it up and took it downtown to the First Friday street festival. I've done this with both of my other build-off bikes so I guess it's now a tradition for me.

It was loads of fun listening in on people's conversations as they looked over the bike. No one guessed that it wasn't original. :21:

I waited for an opening between the people walking by and took this shot:

100_9241_zpsegjmsyd5.jpg

Several people told me stories about the bikes that they remembered from that era and most all of the kids loved it. Even on the trip back home a girl at a stop light rolled her window down to tell me how cool that she thought it was. I don't even have a half hour of riding in yet and I'm having a ball with it!

She looks the part,and I knew you would be having a blast.
I'm shocked you don't sleep with it....:21:

I'm shocked you don't sleep with it....:21:
I practically did last week during the final assembly!:43:

Funny thing, with all of that oil in the mixture it drips oil after a ride so it's right at home parked next to my Samba which also marks its territory.:21:

I notice your motor is a tad more on a slant then mine.Mine has settled in,but I was thinking raise it buy a couple of millies for chain reasons.I will do it for sure on the Blue Arrow,and I want to bend the exhaust in more.

Thank you to everyone who voted for this bike and to everyone who participated by adding your thoughts along the way. :)

My intention from the beginning was to use the build-off and its deadline as motivation to get this bike built and enjoy the comradery along the way. I'm happy to say that I achieved my goal and the fact that so many of you liked the end result is very rewarding!

Now lets all do some riding!

You sir are an awesome builder and one I consider a friend. No baloney and honest. I so much wish we could ride, that would be some fun. I do still plan on powering SGT.ROCK, I've been looking at a few different motors that friends around here have. I'm thinking four stroke, so I can burn pump gas. Yours is a great build, I hope mine turns out nearly as fine.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back