WBO Double Bar Digger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm, badge is ok but that fork is too shiney new looking. Maybe with the gloss knocked off and some faux crust.

Guitarl.
Thinking on the base colors to start with there. Would be cool to reproduce the patinas of the silver over red..
Wonderful pics and a great bike. Do you do anything special to prevent the inevitable tire punctures in desert riding?
I have slime in the tires, and have a shields on the tire side, and a cut tube wrapped on the wheel side. Had one cactus thorn come thru the shield and still didn't go flat.

Hey Chewy What wheels are you running? Looks like the wider rims fit the 2.35s really nice. Love the bike and that it gets ridden hard!

'Riveting' dialogue Funk and MC....:whistle:
Hehe. Will keep it up... o_0

@Funkme I see tandy ships those rivets over seas, I don't know what the shipping would get you for though. Search for 'tubular rivets'.

There is actually a driver/splitter that I don't have, I end up cracking with a chisel and then a ball end punch

They come in stainless, brass, copper and I have seen bronze before.
Hey Chewy What wheels are you running? Looks like the wider rims fit the 2.35s really nice. Love the bike and that it gets ridden hard!
Those wheels are the 3G 2 speed 57mm wheels that used to link on the ratrodbikes site.

2.4s look great on them but won't fit the rear stays without rubbing knobby. Was thinking of adding a full link to the chain and see If I can squeeze them in.
http://www.3gbikes.com/parts/wheels/

Hehe. Will keep it up... o_0

@Funkme I see tandy ships those rivets over seas, I don't know what the shipping would get you for though. Search for 'tubular rivets'.

There is actually a driver/splitter that I don't have, I end up cracking with a chisel and then a ball end punch

They come in stainless, brass, copper and I have seen bronze before.

Those wheels are the 3G 2 speed 57mm wheels that used to link on the ratrodbikes site.

2.4s look great on them but won't fit the rear stays without rubbing knobby. Was thinking of adding a full link to the chain and see If I can squeeze them in.
http://www.3gbikes.com/parts/wheels/
Thanks, great price at 3g! Looking forward to seeing your finish bike and more Vegas desert!

Silver over red and aged. I'll try to remember to get that frame out of the attic and get a shot.

Something wants me to age those bars a little bit.....must be the rust running through my veins :rolleyes:

Something wants me to age those bars a little bit.....must be the rust running through my veins :rolleyes:
Those bars were bent.. but, I have a set of CR250 bars I picked up awhile back that will do. They are shinier than the last....

And, those new old forks were bent....

Was riding down the road and kept wanting to circle right.

So... last night. Got a wild hair just after dark and skuffed them up and sprayed silver over both the neck and the fork...

Stout looking ride. Makes me wanna ride the tires off it every time I walk past it ..

Kinda liking the silver, will let it cure and start scarring it up.

Only took a minute, but I knew I had a frame to match your fork.

eb57ef85a108570a709bd6fb0d93b2f5.jpg

A little detail.
170fe2cc12c78127af88247ed3038ec3.jpg

Latest posts

Back