Western Flyer Invader Mag BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I ran to Lowe’s yesterday to get some electrical repair parts and came home to this in the driveway.

8937b55aa6a112fdc9e26ced6e74b414.jpg

An older gentleman had dropped it off and given my kids his number because he needed a chain fixed on a different bike, he just wanted me to have this BMX.

The Lester Mags are in such good condition I had to check and make sure they weren’t some new Mongoose Walmart wheels.

I searched online for this bike and found a post on here from [mention]kingfish254 [/mention] that I actually remember when he got one of these during his lunch break one day.

Cool little bike, I’m going to throw it together and maybe sell it local.

The crank is gone because he removed it to make it a “glider” for his grandson. I’m thinking like a balance bike.

The bike he brought me to repair was a Mongoose Dolomite which his son had put the chain on wrong, he went around the outside of both jockey wheels in the derailleur. Quick fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember getting one like that.
Just looked it up. Back in 2014 I got $120 for the mags and $50 for the frame.

That is the one that I found a $100 bill hidden in the top tube pad.

1589291260299.png

Dude, those mags! I would trade my entire TP hoard for those. And the hidden hundo? Second idea I'm stealing from Kingfish today!

The Benjamin happened to be one of those 3x12 big pieces of play money. Still cool to find hidden away after all these years.

Latest posts

Back