Western Scraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If altering the lines of the bars to better clear your feet on the pedals is "out" (I understand that, cool is cool) do you think something weird and crazy like a wider pedal stance would get you feet to clear them?

Just so you all know, it's not going to be done by the deadline of the build off. At least, not how I want it. It will, however, be rideable, as it is now, so come deadline, I'll call it done enough, and take my photos. I may just fine tune it in the build threads after.
I'm in the same boat, no way I can get paint and leather happening by the end of the month, so riding and stopping are my goals... :thumbsup:

Looking awesome by the way!

I swapped out the 18t cog on the rear wheel with a 20t that I had, to smoothen out the ride a bit. It even made starting a lot easier, which was a problem before. I then fooled around with adding some rear fender, but I'm not 100% sure I like it. Maybe if it was painted to match a bit, it would be better. I'll stare at it for a while. Threw the grips that were on the Western Flyer on there, and she's getting pretty dang comfortable to ride. There are a couple of rubbing type noises to investigate, for example, with the larger cog in the back, the chain now slightly rubs on the bottom of the seat. I tack welded the seat post in place, but I might cut and move the seat up a bit, or add a piece of Teflon under the seat there that the chain can glide across. Couple of others to find the source of.
IMG_5361_zpsw72keiwi.jpg

IMG_5362_zpsdkmjufex.jpg

IMG_5363_zpsj2n38osn.jpg

IMG_5364_zpsyl5oxxhb.jpg

I swapped out the 18t cog on the rear wheel with a 20t that I had, to smoothen out the ride a bit. It even made starting a lot easier, which was a problem before. I then fooled around with adding some rear fender, but I'm not 100% sure I like it. Maybe if it was painted to match a bit, it would be better. I'll stare at it for a while. Threw the grips that were on the Western Flyer on there, and she's getting pretty dang comfortable to ride. There are a couple of rubbing type noises to investigate, for example, with the larger cog in the back, the chain now slightly rubs on the bottom of the seat. I tack welded the seat post in place, but I might cut and move the seat up a bit, or add a piece of Teflon under the seat there that the chain can glide across. Couple of others to find the source of.
IMG_5361_zpsw72keiwi.jpg

IMG_5362_zpsdkmjufex.jpg

IMG_5363_zpsj2n38osn.jpg

IMG_5364_zpsyl5oxxhb.jpg
Nearly every build you do inspires me, this is no different.
You got random bike parts melded together in a way that looks like they just belong.

I like the added fender. Are you going to weld them together or leave them bolted?

I'm thinking that by leaving them just bolted, I will be able to more easily pull the extra piece off and remove the wheel when needed.

This bike always brings a smile to my face..:)
Totally dig the fender add on. Like how the front and rear fenders now end at the same level.
I'm hoping you keep the mix of painted sections and raw sections....although it'll look great whatever you do.

I love this bike too. I am going to build one more like this layout with the other tandem I have. The long bars direct to the fork is a cool idea. I was looking forward to the bare metal with just the tank and guard red, but I agree that it looks cool as is.

Carl.

I love this bike too. I am going to build one more like this layout with the other tandem I have. The long bars direct to the fork is a cool idea. I was looking forward to the bare metal with just the tank and guard red, but I agree that it looks cool as is.

Carl.
+1

This is a cooool bike and I'm not really a fan of stretch limos , but this is smooth bro [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back