What do you do when you are waiting for parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabinets are coming along....
007e062802d3dca3a10ec6ca34c4490d.jpg

Soon I will have my bike shop back...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Nice work on the book shelf . I need to figure out a way to have less work & more hobbies [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this is work...Cabinets with doors on the bottom and these shelves on top, a set on either side of a fireplace and then a mantle and top piece with legs to match, to surround a TV on top and the brick fireplace on bottom, which may get skinned with ceramic tiles, craftsman/mission style. Red mahogany stain.

Carl.

Oh and some parts came in today, and I'm away at synod assembly.

Carl.

Nice work on the cabinet for sure I know a lot of work went into it very nice craftsmen ship . I bet it will look great after its stained . I'm just Burt out on work and need a week vacation in my little camper with my wife & my old klunker . I was actually going to go to Savanna for a week . I Was going to try to hook up with King fish & do some riding & sit seeing . Had to cancel two days before my wife broke her foot . Just our luck [emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice work on the cabinet for sure I know a lot of work went into it very nice craftsmen ship . I bet it will look great after its stained . I'm just Burt out on work and need a week vacation in my little camper with my wife & my old klunker . I was actually going to go to Savanna for a week . I Was going to try to hook up with King fish & do some riding & sit seeing . Had to cancel two days before my wife broke her foot . Just our luck [emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's terrible, hope she's ok.
Shame about Savannah too, I'll be there this time next week if everything works out.

That's terrible, hope she's ok.
Shame about Savannah too, I'll be there this time next week if everything works out.
Thanks FS she doing a little better but going a little stir crazy . She tossed the crutches and got a new ride
0bbb4bba440ec5755512c2569ad1ea91.jpg

Maybe you can hook up with the fish if you have time ... Enjoy your time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dig the scoot, my mom had one of those not long ago. She wanted me to rat it out and add a motor. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

I'm hoping to meet up with KF while I'm there, would be great to get a guided tour of the city.
The only thing about my trip I'm wondering about is the Texas leg, they've had ALOT of rain lately. I haven't heard how Galveston and San Antonio are, guess I'll see.

Ride, ride, ride, race, work on trails, hike in the woods, rock hounding, birding, coach ski jumping, hunting, canoeing/kayaking, lunch with my buddies, light remodeling projects, building stuff like a dock or out building, mow the grass, shovel snow, rake leaves, cut firewood, work out my dogs, eat, breathe, eliminate, read and sleep. Mostly I work on bikes or ride them if I have no parts. All all this other stuff gets in the way of bikes. I can do all this stuff cause I am retired, the best job I ever had.

Well, I don't wait on build parts so much as I wait on the money to buy parts (low-income service jobs are not conducive to hobbies, alas. :( ) but when i'm in between projects i'm either hanging out here soaking up knowledge, or i'm doing the same for my other hobby over here:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=0ds7etk4kaq77

Still can't play anything I build-hours at work are too irregular to line up lessons-but i've sold a fair number for supplemental income, so I have at least one hobby that's self-supporting...:21:

Woohoo cigar box guitars!
9d5150c0167a9a061d52a49f9ac6d4ec.jpg
f6ba0d5a5a5bbee8e01b08b899c1b624.jpg

I'll bet you've never seen a walking stick cbg. Electric too! Haha I love em' I've built probably a dozen of them, no two alike.

Carl.

Nope, i've seen a few Walking Stick fiddles before, but no CBGs until now!

Addictive things aren't they? :D
I'll share some ideas and parts I use...
P bass split pickups can be divided to power two cbgs.
Tenor banjo bridges work fine with a good box.
Mandolin tuners work well for two 4 string cbgs.

Carl.

I can't reply to anything, I get a server error, for several months now. Anyway Carl, I like your guitars.
I'll share some ideas and parts I use...
P bass split pickups can be divided to power two cbgs.
Tenor banjo bridges work fine with a good box.
Mandolin tuners work well for two 4 string cbgs.

Carl.
I like your guitars
I always wanted to make one out of an old military water can i have, a small metal dog bowl for a reflector. I have too many projects anyway so will never get around to it but it is something I have been thinking about for years.

I can't reply to anything, I get a server error, for several months now. Anyway Carl, I like your guitars.

I like your guitars
I always wanted to make one out of an old military water can i have, a small metal dog bowl for a reflector. I have too many projects anyway so will never get around to it but it is something I have been thinking about for years.
hehe I've built a gas can tele. It's pretty awesome weighs a ton. It's a one song guitar, then you have to put it down.
dd4e8188cba40f0ed7df1afaf3af855e.jpg

Carl.

When picking a bike to ride, do you ever feel like Daniel Larusso being told to choose by Mr. Miyagi?

Latest posts

Back