What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m liking FB Marketplace a lot these days.
You can check the buyer’s profile to get a better idea of who is responding and it has stats like ‘quick to respond’.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought my last two trucks on facebook marketplace...

Carl.

Riding my late brother's Centrix cruiser build. He picked it up at a police auction a couple of years ago and it was one of his favorites.
IMG_1075.JPG

From what I read it was made by Jamis and is the same as an Earth cruiser. They were given away by Centrix a manufacturer of barber and hairdresser supplies.
centrix 2.JPG

I have tried Phat XC-3 recently for the first time. What a work of art. Asymmetrical BB, asymmetrically laced rear wheel, Nexus 3 in 80mm rim, 14mm dropouts and proprietary nuts and washers for the hub to hold the narrow axle in the wide dropouts. Not talking about the most awesome tripple tree fork with double crown. The bike has no fenders, but threads in the frame and fork to install them and mount them kind of like on Basman or 2007 KK Glide, to the legs/seat stays.
I believe Phat/3g are underestimated for all those weird solutions that may look goofy, but they are so greatly engineered.
IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG

Is that a steering damper/stabilizer on the wheel bike? :39:
100%!

As the story goes, one of our cruiser buds saw this and picked it up in a thrifty shopper. The bike was owned by a guy with one arm.

The original owner was not a hammer head cyclist but definitely wanted to keep bike riding in his life. He devised the wheel and bungee cord stabilization to make riding with one arm safer and easier.

Once our guy heard the story he had to have the bike.

Lol I thought that was what you were calling the one-wheel thingie. Spent a minute looking for steering...
I’ve learned the one wheel thingy is called a skate bike. Some dude invented it and tried to sell it on MTV back in the day.

This thing was bought for $25. They are on eBay for $150.

Thing is super cool. If I ever come across one for $25 i’m going to make a move!

100%!

As the story goes, one of our cruiser buds saw this and picked it up in a thrifty shopper. The bike was owned by a guy with one arm.

The original owner was not a hammer head cyclist but definitely wanted to keep bike riding in his life. He devised the wheel and bungee cord stabilization to make riding with one arm safer and easier.

Once our guy heard the story he had to have the bike.
That is some cool history...necessity, mother of invention and all that :thumbsup:.

Rode this bike around last weekend. It's an older Bridgestone, about a '73 or '74 that has a cool lugged Japanese frame and some lighter weight improvements from other Asian bikes added. The fenders are original equipment, but the aluminum wheels, crank, derailleur and stem are add-ons.
It's a comfortable rider. Added a 7-speed freewheel- up from 5 speed- easy with friction shifting.
The brakes on this bike are amazing. You can lock up both wheels at any time you choose.
image.jpg

image.jpg

There's a reflective sticker on the rear fender that says "BS" LOL, the Japanese don't know American slang.
Got these cool bars for it at a local bike swap meet.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back