What is this and how much is it worth? Looks like a harley davidson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought this bike. Mainly curious about how much i should sell it for.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

a9e6y3a4.jpg

that sprocket is an original Harley Davidson sprocket.
i know tv is full of horse manure but the guys on American pickers had one like it they paid i think 300 for just the sprocket.
if im thinking correctly im gonna say it's pre war Harley Davidson bicycle.as far as valuation im guessing n the mid to high hundreds but i don't know for sure.
as a bicycle dealer if i had that in my shop id ask around 700 and then see what happens.
hope that helps
Sean

It was cool talking with you this afternoon and helping out with some of the detective work. That's a super cool find!
ALSO, Welcome to RRB!!
Keep us updated on what else you find and what you do with it.

"borrowed:" this picture form the ol inter web yours appears to be a teens bike here is what a restored one looks like if im correct.

i am definitely interested in seeing what you do with this one let us know
and also welcome to the site hope u enjoy it
sean

That's a different frame. His has the humpback in the top tube.

Found that pic. Im thinking on how im going to get started. I know wooden wheels will not be an option

It does look like a H-D Chainring. IIRC Harley Davidson bicycles were made by by Davis Sewing Machine Co who sold the same bike under the Dayton brand, (with a chainring reading "Dayton" instead). It's probably late teens, might be a model 7? It's valuable enough to be worth a proper preservation. The spray paint job doesn't do it justice, although if you're lucky its preserving factory paint and nickle underneath. What I'd do is post high quality photos over on the cabe and they can probably give a better idea as to the year, model, and value.

Awesome find. Too bad it doesn't have the badge. When you're talking about a Harley Davidson.....That has tremendous value.

Just like anything else that say Harley on it..underwear, cups, shirts etc...:headbang:

Original paint should be green, but I highly doubt it was saved by the over coat. No body would have painted it in the first place if the paint was still good paint. Probably just rust. I always go in with high hopes ill find nice original paint and usually find rust.:20:

Easily worth $300 for just the chaining!

BTW this is simply the camel back counterpart to the motorbike frame. Same geometry without the double bar. Less popular but sometimes more rare.

Latest posts

Back