What kind of chain do I need for my Dyno Roadster or for any Stretch Bicycle chain length?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to build a Kustom Stretch Bicycle, I just don't know what kind or brand name, or how to search online for a Dyno Roadster Chain or a Stretch or Limo Frame Chain Length, where to buy it any info that you can help me with, that would be really Kool?

My Local Bike Shop sells chains by the foot. I don't bother with cheap chains anymore, adults riding on hills bust them. The side plates blow off. My single speed bikes now have double step riveted 8 speed chains. This is what the single speed mountain bike guys use. I just take my bikes into the shop and have them cut and install the chain. Expensive but it beats busting a chain when you are standing up and pumping for all your worth.

Get a standard brand and model and put them together, KMC or something. Chain tool is worth the cost and allows you make what you need.
I doubt a stretched frame cruiser would see anywhere near the force exerted on a chain that a single speed mountain bike sees.

What kind of chain do I need
1. 1/2" pitch roller chain (obvious);
2. width:
(a) standard 1/8" wide;*
(b) 3/16" wide;
(i) standard thickness;
(ii) heavy duty, (e.g., KMC 415H);​
(c) skinny derailleur 3/32" wide.​
would be really Kool?
*2.(a) more cool colors in the standard size.
**2.(c) some people think skinny chains look cool, but you may need to find skinny sprockets to suit.

Latest posts

Back