What toys did you have as a kid ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The recent King Zor post just made me wonder what kind of toys everyone had as kid (or wanted). I don't have anything left from childhood, all went to rummage sales / handed down / donated or trashed. Just thought it would be cool to see what everyone remembers the most.

One of my favorites as a kid was my GI Joe big wheel. Had lasers lol

lasorpatrol_zps0a3e5015.jpg

Also had a Dukes of Hazard motorcycle ride on too, I remember peeling the stickers off the wheels too ..

dukesbike_zps1e364442.jpg

Also had a C3PO light switch cover, his eyes "turned on" when the light was on. Just red plastic that slid up behind the eye plastics though, not real lights.

c3poswitcheroo_zps8c32ae1c.jpg

Heres pics of the ones I remember most.
A Huffy Thunder Road, I put thousands of miles on that thing , wish I still had it.

GI Joe bridge layer aka toss across

Hotseat trike, mine looked almost like this the last time I seen it.

John Deere combine, By the time I got it most the plastic stuff was gone, I remember the thing was built like a tank, since all the plastic pieces on the front was gone we would use it like a bull dozer.

I remember having a KITT dashboard.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68184677@N08/6436785111/

A Knight Rider big wheel. Lower pic has one in it.
http://www.plaidstallions.com/simpsons/simp3.html

A big plastic Ecto1 & 1A with slime decals. Pictures of both are in the link.
http://www.freewebs.com/gbta/vehicles.htm

A white BMX with white discs although Huffy Sigma had them but the frame was white and the Chain Guard with it's decal looked like a Huffy Pro Disc you posted in a thread I made years ago.

Yeah , Till he dried up and disinnergreated.

I caught a bunch of frogs one summer, kept them in a tin minnow bucket as I was catching them around the pond. Mom told me we were going to town for something so I set the bucket down on the sidewalk. Got back home and went to get them but in the heat they dried up like leaves in the fall :cry:

As far as hotwheels go I have a small Super Van collection, I remember the "Land Lord" was one of my all time favorites though.

HotWheelsLandLord.jpg

SST Bonnevile Salt Flats Racer
1_sst_toy_cars.jpg

Creepy Crawlers
creepycrawlers2.jpg

Hoppity Hop
images

Hot Wheels (Power Pad, etc)
m_pNOmXH2VMXmjd_YSFDMnw.jpg

Sizzlers Fat Track
images

Johnny Astro
6a00d834525fe869e20176170887d6970c-500wi

007 Attache Case
images

Last edited:
Loved Transformers Rockit !!!

Soundwave with the transforming cassettes was my favorite ... never had Optimus though I did have Megatron. I remember the gun wasn't as cool in real life as it was on the show. Like a modern style pistol with curly western pattern decals on it.

Had tons of He-man too, favorite was Stinkor, he smelled like a skunk lol Lockjaw, Webster and Leech were awesome too. And Snake Mountain was wayyy cooler than Castle Grayskull was.

stinkor01_full.jpg

My great grandpa had table hockey at his house IIFIFM, loved playing that thing !!!

CCR, me n' my buddies still play mine from time to time. It's not the one I had when I was a kid, but it's from the era and just like it.

CCR, me n' my buddies still play mine from time to time. It's not the one I had when I was a kid, but it's from the era and just like it.

Cool you still have one to break out, I remember it was like getting to play foosball but at the kitchen table. My Uncle took the one I played home with him when my great grandpa passed away, still have a basketball version that shoots ping pong balls at cardboard goals though at my grandmas house I get out and play with my boy. Kind of the same but not really, no "guys" to move around.

I had a tractor, then a red convertible bike, some toys(hot wheels), and then a little brother.
I had no more toys, just a Stingray by then, and a strong will to get away from my brother.
I still play with.my bikes!

Loved Transformers Rockit !!!

Soundwave with the transforming cassettes was my favorite ... never had Optimus though I did have Megatron. I remember the gun wasn't as cool in real life as it was on the show. Like a modern style pistol with curly western pattern decals on it.

Had tons of He-man too, favorite was Stinkor, he smelled like a skunk lol Lockjaw, Webster and Leech were awesome too. And Snake Mountain was wayyy cooler than Castle Grayskull was.

My great grandpa had table hockey at his house IIFIFM, loved playing that thing !!!
I loved stinkor but my mom made me keep it in a zip lock bag, found it years later still in the bag and it still stunk. Kobra Khan was my other favorite he man figure

Latest posts

Back