What's the top 10 rarest of the rare Bicycle accessories?..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d85ea310563cc160c132280b434c6c6d.jpg
does anyone else have one of these transformer reflectors? I know it's mid 80's and out of a cereal box but it came on my AMF Flying Wedge and I haven't seen one before

I always wanted one of these Drag Chute tool boxes when I was a kid, pretty rare and very pricey if you find one, this one is in my area but I can't afford it.

Am I the only one that thinks this thing is inane? :crazy2:
I suppose it's interesting from a historic standpoint to have one just for nostalgia, but man that thing looks ridiculous. Better hope it's not a windy day when you have it out.:21:

It does have a very George Barris vibe to it though.

(Nothing personal, just my opinion.)
I am with you. That thing is butt ugly!

I always wanted one of these Drag Chute tool boxes when I was a kid, pretty rare and very pricey if you find one, this one is in my area but I can't afford it.

you must be pretty young then, These were made in the early 2000's.

you must be pretty young then, These were made in the early 2000's.

You may be right but I swear one of my buddies when I was a kid had an orange parachute on his bike and we all thought it was the coolest thing and wanted one till it got hung up in his rear wheel. My memory is kind of sketchy, I don't even remember how it worked or where he got it but I do know he had one.

I think you might be getting the California drag chute and the poppa wheelie parachute tool box mixed up. The California drag chute actually has a parachute in it. Whereas the other is just a tool box. A cool toolbox though.

Ahhhh... we had a guy make one from scratch for the MBBO2. I thought that was silly since I have 3 in their packages sitting in my garage, but he wanted to make his own. I got them from a closed down bike store downtown. They were in a box in the back collecting dust. I didn't care for them, so just tossed them aside. I gave them to Goodwill last week.

Pity.

Ooooooooooh! "Your bad" on that one, Crash. Don't feel bad, I gave up a pair of Tiger Grips that I never will forgive myself for.

It's kind of like a "gag piece." Wouldn't want it on my bike all the time, just for show.

I think when they designed all these different ideas for bikes they didn't even try them out first....lol When I made the Top Fueler forks I was surprised and bummed they rode so bad. The Wheelie forks, Whiz Kid forks, Top Fueler forks, Ray Cooper forks are all bad designs. They sure look Kool though...lol All these things were for making money for the sellers. To find this Chopper Top is the find of a life time. Eddie said it was tricky putting it together. So I bet more then a few of them got put together wrong or trashed right after. I would like to put a custom one of these on a lowrider trike. Drop the top down lower. Some day I might get to it. I love that one of these finally popped up so we could finally see what it looks like.
Thanks Again Eddie for posting it!!

I like the way the add for the drag chute spells the words, "customized," and "cool" with a "K." Along with "comes, crazy and colors." Schwinn used the "kool" word.

Hey Rusty63, these are the best closeups I have of the Pop Chute.
Dan

Last edited:
This topic needs further discussion.

Has Anyone started to repop the Barris Soft top thing yet? I'd dig a Purple or black one for my rider!

More pics! The first ones of it posted we're errored out from years past!!

FZ

Latest posts

Back