Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch (MBBO CLASS 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you apply it looks like you sprayed it did you just pour it in a paint gun ? I tried rubbing some on and it didn't turn out to well

I shot it through an airbrush. I have wiped it on but it takes years to get it covered and even so I figured I'd give it a shot with the airbrush. Works just fine that way.
Only thing to be aware of is shoe polish has wax so use something you won't be normally painting with!
Unless you like fisheyes.

New pics.
First off that rare Bendix orange band 2 speed. As the story goes, these were a short run of hubs that were intended for the Stingray and have heavy duty springs and close ratios, but the cost of building such a hub out weighed the gain. So they went with the 5 speed derailleur setup we all know.
IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Next we have another one of the Schwinn skunkworks projects that never made it into production. The raised letter whitewall slik. There are only 2 known to still exist.
IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Brother, you are KILLIN' this one! Can't wait to see it come together.
PS.. saw the cross member bars that Double Nickel got from you, they are awesome. Got a 'raw' bike build in the future, I'll have to hit you up for a set of those beauties.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool! Are those grips in a bleach solution?

Luke.
No bleach solution. 100% bleach.
Worked really well on a set of white 50's chubbys so should be fine on those also.
Got a chance to do somethings since I was stuck at home today while my water heater was being replaced.
164_4078.jpg

164_4085.jpg

164_4090.jpg

Gee-Gawery or Doo-Daddery for the rear.
2e85b617-29ad-462d-98d7-469d2cfc5698.jpg

Which one though?
OOooooooOOOooo. Suspenseful!
164_4087.jpg

Wheres Waldo?
Bars are getting some final tweeks and a little extra something.
I HATE that springer but I need the only blade fork I have for "GOODTIME CHARLIE" so, it is what it is. I'll live with it for now.
May go back to the whitewall up front but not sure yet.
Even got my good camera to work again so I can take final pics. No more blurry cheap cannon shots!

Last edited:
Stole a few more minutes here and there and this thing is basically finished. I'm going to draw it out a bit longer though since the deadline isn't until 1/15.
Figured I would use my Gee-Gaw Doo-Dad to cover the unsightly bolts for the sissy bar.
164_4104.jpg

UGLY!
Didn't want to use the standard reflector though, so it was one of the things I posted before.
Had a mis-bend from a customers tank strap lying around so it was reshaped and put to use.
164_4103.jpg

164_4109.jpg

164_4112.jpg

Better than zip ties showing for an 1 1/2" on each side and it covers the unsightly sissy bar bolts. Its shot in dp90 now, so it matches the seat pan.
Wish I was rich so I could afford to have chrome done.
Alas, I'm just a broke blue collar guy so I have to work to make things shine.
164_4116.jpg

164_4117.jpg

164_4118.jpg

Just sanded and rough cut steel(it is polished further than those shots, but I have until 1/15 so I'm gonna draw it out until the end).
I wish I had a chance to do the sissy bar I wanted to, but the water heater set me back to much so I have to pull as much overtime as I can and get customers orders finished to give my boy a Christmas.
Funny how life tosses things at you at the worst times.

lookin sweet,Cool idea for the bars,suits the build well,I should have asked members about selling and shipping those style number/rego plates over to me as it would finish off my rat builds to a T,never mind,there is always next year,are they motorcycle plates?

Latest posts

Back