where are all the bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 70's model fuji feather, but the bottom bracket was just to rusty to salvage and brake apart. I also did not feel like spending any money on that model to fix, it not as good as an old schwinn. So I ended up trashing it and was not able to find another bike in time for the build off. But I did just come across a 65' schwinn jaguar corvette frame. I plan on starting on that build first week of January. As soon as it is done it will be posted.

...mines still sittin... :roll: :roll:
100_1455.jpg

I brought a bike back from MO when I visited Coach J (traded him a mandolin for a bike) and he sent me some heavy weight fenders in the mail for it too. I have been too busy and too poor to do what I wanted to do to it. I got a Nirve triple tree fork with stem and bars for 30 bucks ( :shock: ) for it and have some red 24 inch rims (from the $79 wal mart rat rod) for it as well. I just didn't have the extra money for tires, paint, and extra parts that I wanted to do. But, I have all winter to tinker and test fit and all sorts of junk. My mother-in-law is coming for Christmas and wants to rearrange my basement for me. That'll give me room for more bikes and more room to work :wink: . I also am looking at making a burrito bike and a kick scooter from all the scavenged mountain/bmx bikes that I have found/been given to me. A friend has a welder in his garage and I turned him onto the site and he is building a low rider at the moment.

jeff

I'm still in it! With the holiday stuff abound, it's tough to get work on the few things that need tied up. But everything should be done by new years with the tank in question. I absolutly will finish the BOSS! BTW, has anyone seen my rim strips?

Rim strips??? What are ya, some sort of perfessional bike racer, this is Rat rod bikes, use tape...electrical (my favorite), masking, duct. Just messing with ya. Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:

My bike is now on display at the local Bike shop and I have been upgrading many different parts as I have the money. I just changed out the one pce crank set to a three pce. I also changed the rear rat trap to one that sits level. I'm now on the look out for a set of lights...one for the bars and one over each of the front tires. :wink:

I'll post some new pic in the new year :mrgreen:

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

Many different Bike Reps have come into the store and there has been talk that Norco may like to place it into there show room :shock: that would be cool!

Merry Christmas to all

Frank N. Stine is stripped back down to frame and is hanging with two coats of primer. im gonna put one two coats of the first color on it tomorrow. dont know when the paint job will be finished. still have a few lil detail things to finish before i reassemble. the weather is not workin with me. i gotta paint outside but we just got 2 ice storms in a row and i dont wanna take any chances with the paint not setting right cuz of too low temperature - ive put waaaay too much work into the bike to screw it up cuz im in a hurry, im sure lots of us have made that mistake before! ill post pics when it's done for sure.
fast eddie outty

My Elgin boardtracker is slowly getting there. I still have to locate a few parts that I need to complete it. Now that I don't have a deadline I might do some things a little different than what I originally planned.

armandgil said:
Rim strips??? What are ya, some sort of perfessional bike racer, this is Rat rod bikes, use tape...electrical (my favorite), masking, duct. Just messing with ya. Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:
For the record, I ran out of electrical tape! And the soon-to-be-closed LBS sells the rim strips 2 for$1. I just don't remember where I stuck them and the tubes :x One of my New years thingys is to put order in the "shop"!

Latest posts

Back