Who's ALREADY thinking about next years build?

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 8 DISCUSSION' started by The Renaissance Man, Aug 6, 2013.

1. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

I have to admit, I'm already thinking of some ideas and the general direction for next years build so that I can start combing around for eventual parts.
    Of course I've still got the YZ-24 Yamaha to finish this fall to keep me from thinking about it too much. :D

2. expjawa

expjawa

I was just the other day. I've got a base model (gold painted) Spaceliner frame, a pair of vintage yellow GT fog lights I bought at a swap meet, and several ideas for a "Goldliner"...

3. ifitsfreeitsforme

ifitsfreeitsforme

I'm thinking about it. Thinking about NOT doing it. So much stress.

remind me I said this next year when I'm scrambling the last week to get photos done (eyeroll)

4. panelman

panelman

I'm working on ideas already. Maybe more patina'd next time.

5. Thinking about it but as with this year I just kinda build what I have at the time and there's no telling what kind of stuff I'll have next year. This year's bike was built with mostly parts I didn't even acquire till AFTER the build off was halfway over with. True "wing it" style... Probably won't win with that style but I build for me...not to please anyone else. Also I am getting my CDL and going on the road so not sure I'll have the time next year but I will try. Maybe with trucking I'll have enough money to hit up some yard sales on the road and get some good build material. :wink: :lol:

6. Machine Age Victim

Machine Age Victim

This year I entered on a lark. Just surfing the site and said "hey, what's this?" So, I decided to submit a bike I had thought about making around a frame I had just bought. Next year I'm already planning on entering the "anything goes" category with a bike made of wood. I have some ideas already and will probably get it pretty well drawn out before I start building it. However, I'll likely make another wooden bike before then just to work through the logistics of it.

7. bean

bean

:lol: :lol: Sounds like me!!

8. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

Already putting serious thought into it! Have my bike and basic plans picked out already.

9. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

You could do a road build like Luke!

10. Gold Street Customs

Gold Street Customs

I am possibly thinking anything goes next year, I have lots of building material that's for sure.

11. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

I am! Absolutely love Frameteam's quad cycle "Silver Moon Velo" thinking I might have to give one of them a go...

Probably a single seater and probably look a little like this:

[​IMG]

Also my Uncle is planning to be part of the build-off, anything goes, and he just showed me his plans... :shock: Very cool!

Luke.

12. Funkme

Funkme

Ha I love it already...
    Great to get more family members involved... :D

13. Funkme

Funkme

I have already decided,more rust,mo better... :mrgreen:
    Would love, not to have to paint, anything perfect... 67 and A.O.D were painted...
    As we dont have cruiser frames here,I guess anything goes section... :D

14. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

It was nice not having to worry about that this year for me. No stress on making a mistake or getting it to look perfect and not "perfect enough". Clean it and clear it may become my new motto!

15. I could just see me pulling into a truck stop and there's a bike ratchet strapped to my hood... :lol: Or maybe one of those bike racks like they put on city buses. Not to mention a few RRB stickers all over the truck. :mrgreen:

16. loudboys

loudboys

Safely ensconced in my basement...a '58ish Silver Flyer. Nicely crusty, with tank, peaked fenders, chrome chainguard, and the ever popular star chainwheel.

Still a cantilever (my preference), but probably the heaviest, chunkiest member of that breed. Fork's bent, so no inner conflict about replacing it with something more radical. Not sure exactly where it's going, but my favorite build is still Jennifer's Flightliner so I'll probably be using some cues from it.

[​IMG]

17. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Agree entirely! My wife Heidi just signed up, going to get her building bikes really soon and see if she will join in next year!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75732

Luke.

18. Funkme

Funkme

That's cool Luke.I'm sure she will have a blast. :wink:
    She just might out do you.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

I've seen quite a few OTR trucks w/ bikes fastened in behind the berth. I'm sure you'll find a way.... :wink:

20. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

If I haven't done my adult sized Sears Screamer by next year, maybe I'll build Nanner Puddin then in the AG class.

[​IMG]