WHY THE HE-LL DID I BUY THIS THING?!?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, my girl drug me out to the local flea market. I've been wanting to go, but she always leaves super early. This time she decided to leave a bit later, so I got ready and headed out. We spent over 3 hrs walking around without finding anything. I don't know if it was the heat(102*),the fact that I was on my 5th beer,or being a little ticked that I got up and walked around in this heat for nothing that made be buy this thing. It looked cool and interesting(beer goggles?) so I got it. By the time i came back to load up this heavy behemoth, I already had buyer's remorse. I know it's not a bike, but it does have a set of miss-matched Torrington 10 type pedals on it. I haven't even plugged it in, though the seller swore it worked great. Guess we'll see...

IMAG0944.jpg

Use the bars, pedals and cranks on a bike.

Then figure out how to motorize the bike with elec. motor.

Limited range tho..just get a 100' extension cord and ride in circles til your dizzy and save on beer money! :D

I think I'm gonna keep it for a bit. If it works, I'll go through & change the fluid in the gearbox,lube all the grease fittings & clean it up. Don't know whether to have my buddy recover the seat or just clean up the tractor type seat under the cushion. It looks like it"s chrome, but it's rusted pretty bad. Maybe I'll get it working and bring it out at my next party & let everyone ride it drunk :p . I've seen a few on eBay going for $150-250. One lady on youtube payed $350, so I guess my drunken $50 investment wasn't so bad afterall.

I had pickin' rights on one locally here in Toronto and I took the stem, bars, grips, saddle, stem and pedals and I don't know why I did it either.
The bars and grips are huge o.d.! I think I'll shim up the grips for a future bike. Great rolling Torrington pedals, but mine have two sizes of thick rubber straps to keep your feet in. Cool looking stem, but solid steel.
I 'll keep the pedals and grips, sell the saddle and with the rest earn points with the local scrapper who has been good to me with a few flipper bikes.
Good luck and congratulations, it's a lovely machine. Great find.LOL :roll:

how much did you pay for it? There was one on American Pickers, and ever since then, everyone thinks they are 1959 Cadillacs or something.

I had a couple of these,,and yes the gooseneck is cool, but basically useless in standard bicycle applications. BTW: the coolest most usable part is the seat pan.. take the used up seat cushion off, and you should have polished steel goodness underneath.

Latest posts

Back