WINTER BUILD OFF: ~irRATional~ Fe2O3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see the ammonia trick worked for you. I too have spent many years trying to make stuff look old, it's nice to be able to pass some of my knowledge on to a like minded rust-o-phile. And as far as second hand ideas go, let's see how many cog headset spacers show up in BO-9. ;)

I actually stole that idea from a local good friend of mine! "kansas rollfast" on this forum. Thanks Kevin!

Haven't worked on it for days. Our furnace/ac kicked the bucket & I'm trying to figure out how to pay for the new unit without selling all my bikes! At least it hasn't been that cold the last few days. Good thing we have a wood burning fireplace! That won't be much help this summer though. My plan is to have it (the bike) finished by the middle of next week. I will post pics as soon as progress is made. Thanks for lookin!

Got any buds in the heating and ac biz? You may be able to replace the part that's jacked yourself. Fan motor is a piece of cake. Or find an old school guy who does H & AC on the side. Just like Doctors... get a second opinion. Good luck.

Carl.

I actually worked for a good friend in the HVAC business for a couple of years. Blower is fine, burners are shot, heat exchanger is shot & so are the evaporator coils. Oh, the thermostat is ok! (lucky me!) The guy I have replacing it, also a friend, worked for the same company & has been in the biz for 30+ years, so I trust him. Now, enough about my household problems, back to bike building! I have my priorities! :D

Mock, Mock, who dat? You. You who?
That's what she said... Youhoo... got any mockup pictures pick?

Merle. :crazy:

Working on the final assembly today. I now have the proper length chain thanks to "Skipton" Fenders mounted. New rim strips installed on rims, tubes & tires mounted & aired up. Wheels operational & I will be putting them on tonight. I am still waiting on a different set of bars. I thought I'd get them today but didn't. Hoping for Monday on those. Scrounging for a kickstand right now.

On the home stretch! This is how it sits now. These bars will not be on it. That's my only hold up now except for some little details.
Little details like a seat? :39: ;)

Luke.

Little details like a seat? :39: ;)

Luke.

I have the seat, but took it & the post off so I could rust the post. Since it was stainless steel, I found some paint at Home Depot that looks more like rust than rust does! I will probably use it on the bars when I get them. This stuff has a rust like texture to it & dries pretty fast also.

I have the seat, but took it & the post off so I could rust the post. Since it was stainless steel, I found some paint at Home Depot that looks more like rust than rust does! I will probably use it on the bars when I get them. This stuff has a rust like texture to it & dries pretty fast also.

What color is this paint...

What color is this paint...

There is no color marked on the can, but if I remember right, it was just called brown texture. If you go & look at it you will see it looks just like rust. The paint looks just like the color represented on the cap unlike some others I have tried.

Skipton: I was able to use the short piece of chain after removing just one link. Thanks again!

Had some of these LED lights I've been messing around with. They were in the bargain bin a Walgreens a few weeks ago. They were less than .50 for a set of three. I bought all they had just to play with!

& here is a pic of the seatpost painted "rust":

Latest posts

Back