(Winter Build Off) Ratted Out Huffy

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Ok, if it is kosher with those in charge of the build off I will enter my Ratted Out Huffy that I started to do over in December even though I missed that there is going to be a winter build off.

Here are a couple shots of it when it got thrown together with my son helping, but sad to say he has lost interest in it.

It's maiden voyage...

As it stood at the end of last summer 2013.

Reactions: mrschwinn
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Sadly, my 14 yr old has only a little interest in what I'm doing either... He likes it all but eh... it's not a video game. His bike is a chromed Mongoose :eek: BMX...
Boring to me too, so we're even.

So whatcha got planned for the bike Draco?

Carl.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Ok if you go back to the original thread on my Ratted out Huffy (http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ratted-out-huffy.72303/#post-775831) you will see I started a make over of it " dracothered, Jan 2, 2014 "

This is what I did there on that day.
January 2nd, 2014
With a 20 x 3.0 rear tire installed on the rim. Need to true the rim some and maybe open the stays just a little.

On January 4th, 2014
The front wheel will be replaced with a front wheel from an OCC Stingray that I chopped up for use in other projects. It will also get the same type of tire on the back 24" x 3.0" Flame Tire.

January 9th, 2014
Here is the Disc Brake assembly that I will use for my rear wheel that is coming.

January 11th, 2014
Here it is on the new wheel that I will use.

The bracket I used was made for a Schwinn style springer front end. But as you can see it fits just fine in the back. I spread the chain stays a little by pounding a couple 2x4's in between the stays and then used a bar clamp to pull in the drop outs so the stays bent back in at the backend some.

So this is where it is at now. I am going for more of a rat build style so it most likely will not get a fancy paint job which would be hard for me to do now in my shop with how cold it is here in Michigan.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Sadly, my 14 yr old has only a little interest in what I'm doing either... He likes it all but eh... it's not a video game. His bike is a chromed Mongoose :eek: BMX...
Boring to me too, so we're even.

So whatcha got planned for the bike Draco?

Carl.
It is being built Rat style, so it won't get the fancy paint and shinny chrome all over the place...

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Sitting here thinking, should I use a set of the Coke bottle grips I have? Also I'm wondering if the forks on this build would look good supporting a set of Truss Rods?

Oct 5, 2013
Personally not a fan of the fender. Looks too short. Do you have a longer one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk