WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can count me in too. I have a Columbia begging to be built.

Well I greatly respect those who can restore a classic bike. But I'm a Rat Rodder at heart. Nothing in my collection of guitars has ever stayed stock, none of the few bikes I have are either, and even though I rock an old 90 Astro right now, none of my cars has ever been stock. I just gotta do something that makes it fit me. So I'd build something in the "Anything Goes" category.
I'm dreaming of a Boardtracker/Cafe racer with a bit of steam thrown in...
Now I just need the right frame...

Also when does RRBO # 9 start?

I have a pair of Schwinn Crisscross's, his n hers, may do a parallel build...:dance2:
Then there's the 36 CWC I've been debating on how to build...:chicken:
or maybe the 24" Huffy maxx, I have no problem chopping it up...:aggressive:
but there's a Columbia tandem hangin' in my rafters too...o_O

Well I have two days at least to figure it out...:headbang:

Last edited:
ok, I think I got a plan decided on!!:) since this is a winter build how is everyones temperature?

Troy

60 miles south of Chicago, 32 f, but it's night too. Chilly daytime....
Sooo... what is the consensus for the type of build for this winter build off?
Traditional or Anything Goes or both?

Carl.

ok, I think I got a plan decided on!!:) since this is a winter build how is everyones temperature?

Troy

A whopping 34°f high for the week. Woooh! :headbang:

Sooo... what is the consensus for the type of build for this winter build off?
Traditional or Anything Goes or both?

Carl.
Both all the way, but unless we get at least 10 entrants in each section they will run together for voting. It will be interesting to see how that pans out...

Currently 30 degrees C here! (76 degrees F)

Luke.

Taken directly from the build-off 08 rules:

"TRADITIONAL" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Must use a factory production frame....no altering of original frame except for grinding off fender/chainguard tabs or shortening seat tube.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any bolt on parts you like.
8. Paint must be applied by builder, no powder coating...pinstripping by someone else is acceptable.
9. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun.

"ANYTHING GOES" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Bike must not already be built.
4. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
5. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.

Looks like we are getting plenty of interest in both Traditional and Anything Goes for this build-off so we might be able to run the 2 side by side...

Luke.

It seems we've been a little lenient with rule #1... which is fine.
I was thinking of maybe a matching his n hers pair...
I think "parts n paint" fits the traditional category the best...

Carl.

Luke,
Just spent the day building the ruler and forgot to take the start pics of the Higgins. I will take the start pics and start my thread tomorrow. Lets build.

GO!

Make the first words in your heading [WINTER BUILD-OFF] and start it in the Build Challenges section if you wouldn't mind, that way we can easily keep track of them!

Luke.

Did it, but, sure is nice over in the Muscle Bike Buildoff to have our own subsection...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back