WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have anything specific in mind but this build-off stuff is infectious.
Join in Kenter! Does not matter what bike it is, it is welcome...

11353824083_febec8bc96_o.jpg

RatRod is setting up a thread group for the Winter Build-off! Coming soon to a forum near you!

Luke.

Last edited:
Coming in fashinably late! Id like to get in on this also if i still can. So it will be December 1st to March 1st, traditional and anything goes? If I cut and mod a stock frame thats an anything goes right?

sent from planet earth

Coming in fashinably late! Id like to get in on this also if i still can. So it will be December 1st to March 1st, traditional and anything goes? If I cut and mod a stock frame thats an anything goes right?

sent from planet earth
Yes indeed! Welcome aboard!

Luke.

yeah nito had a good question i also have that question as to what category to be in
i originally said traditional but i am widening the rear drops on my frame and modding the appearance a bit.
am i still able o stay in traditional or am i gonna be in anything goes?
thanks
Sean

While we are asking questions: In "traditional" class is powder coating of small parts allowed if the builder does his own?

I have no problem with powder coating the whole lot in Traditional, but it is not my build-off, so better put that to a vote...
As for small parts done at home, pretty sure that would be fine with everyone!

If modding the appearance of your frame using welding/grinding etc, (aside from shortening the top of the seat post.) I think you probably should be in AG.

Does it really matter what class you are in? Everyone gets to vote on all of them anyway, or would you prefer two separate votes?

Luke.

How about we call everything anything goes. If you are doing a traditional build with just paint and accessories then it still falls under ANYTHING goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds good
i like the idea of no particular category im just making sure im following the rules im a newbie to the buildoff world only 1 other before this.
thanks for the info
Sean

Is it odd that the AG guys are the ones who want only one category?
My first build ever was an AG, my second will be a traditional.
But I believe I can detail a bike as well as anyone. o_O
So if you want the traditional bikes in a direct heads up competition...
I'm ok with that.

Carl.

Is it odd that the AG guys are the ones who want only one category?
My first build ever was an AG, my second will be a traditional.
But I believe I can detail a bike as well as anyone. o_O
So if you want the traditional bikes in a direct heads up competition...
I'm ok with that.

Carl.
It doesn't matter to me at all. I think it would make everyone bring their A game tho. An AG build can go of the tracks in a hurry and become gaudy if you don't pay attention to the flow of the design and just start throwing to much cool and shiny at it. Some of the coolest rides I've ever seen have been the super clean, super detailed sleepers. Kinda like the old story of the young bull and the wise old bull on the top of the hill.....

Nito

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back