WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, a winter build off. I've just started planning my next build and have a few bits placed aside for it. Just figured out the name and theme for ... this past weekend. Where is the rules page and can I still get in on this.

You forgot about converting everything you've spent into clams, and then posting the equivalency as a percentage of the GNP for the island of Tortuga. Oh yeah, seats may be hard pan, but if they're stuffed, it must be with baby penguin feathers, or the foam from a secret blend of Guinness...

Carl :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

i like the new rules simple and to the point
thanks Luke
that reminds me while im here, is there a finished section yet?i think my camoliner is pretty much done other then a few adjustments.
Sean

Luke, Why is there not a build with your name on it? I thought you were having perfect building weather down there right now. Your not having builders block are you? Yes, Im poking at you.
:D
Nah, the weather has gone the other way, we are having Total Fire Ban days one after the other at the moment, so I am not allowed to weld or grind outside. I really need to get some sort of shed/workshop built!

Luke.

:D
Nah, the weather has gone the other way, we are having Total Fire Ban days one after the other at the moment, so I am not allowed to weld or grind outside. I really need to get some sort of shed/workshop built!

Luke.

:eek: Sure is hot over there at the moment, those fires are terrible :13: I feel for the poor little animals out there :cry:. I saw on the news people giving the Koalas water to drink :angelic:... nice.

I don't think I would even consider doing any bike building in that heat... that would be mental :crazy:

Glen.

Some cool ideas there!
I actually have a 2 car carport (6x6 meter, 20x20 foot) that I have permission from the landlord to convert any amount of (1/4, 1/2, all) into a shed/workshop/garage, it is just a matter of time and cost... ;)

Actually, there is also design, have to make it snake proof... o_O Last thing I want is to go in there and start grinding or welding and wake up someone who moved in overnight...

Luke.

Thinking of concreting the corrugated iron walls into the foundations and having a 4 inch lip up to the floor/door entry with an overlapping flange on the back of the doorway and door all the way around. Even going to foam fill the roof iron humps, only place vented would be the top on the inside away from the outside and will be filled with perforated mesh. Should work hopefully...

I actually don't mind working in the heat as long as I am out of the sun.

Luke.

The ENTRIES so far...

Scratchbuilt or Bashed
Glenderson.........................Scratch...................Glen
Baron................................Scratch...............Pushie Pirate
Bi-Polar Vortex.....................Scratch............Tommy Atoms
Fun...................................Scratch...................RichL
Momma jats-a-trike.............trike......................jats

PreWar...
Snowday........................36 Schwinn.................vintagebikelover
Dogdart's Zep..................zep..........................Dogdart
Camoliner........................Huffy Mainliner............Burkrayecycles
The Shelby......................Shelby.......................Sinner4
Steel City.........................40 CWC.....................nito900rr
The Zenith.......................Zenith........................Scribble

PostWar...
irRational........................46 CWC.....................Pick
Twisted..........................62' Schwinn..............Motojunkie
Phoonix..........................Schwinn Typhoon...........furyus
The Difference Engine.......Schwinn Crisscross.......GuitarlCarl
Draguar.........................Schwinn Jaguar............Missing Link
Ratted Out Huffy.................Huffy..................dracothered
Dayton Lowrider.................50's Huffy...........MONARK of sthn Cal
No Name........................56' Columbia..............Tuck Tuck
Cranbrook.......................Cranbrook..................Moeboy
Player TBNL.....................cruiser......................Rubsterob
NGW project....................boardtracker.................Mike G
80/90's Windsor................touring.....................arigatoXman
-out-..............................JC Higgins.................BiggDaddy

The field at a glance...23 bikes...

Carl.

Last edited:
My guess is that it was too wide for his phone...
I did nick the bold titles tho...

Carl.

Carl: Not trying to be "Picky", no pun intended, but my 46 CWC is post war instead of pre war. The war ended in May of 1945. Now I better get off this computer & get busy, I'm running out of time! Have a good week & happy building!

"picky" pick

Gottcha and will fix it... I just went by the dropout style...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back