WOODIE- TJ FLYER-Reborn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not neccessarily a rat but this is the place I first posted this bike when I built it.

I had stolen the wheels and sold the handlebars for this bike. I ran across a wheel set for cheap so this bike is up and rolling. I rode to work today and it rides nice. Here is a link to the original posting almost 2 years ago. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=365

downsized_1119081702a.jpg

downsized_1119081704a.jpg

downsized_1119081702.jpg

downsized_1119081704.jpg

1119081703a.jpg

downsized_1119081703.jpg

Good to see this one again Cman! I just commented about it on the 'Guitar bike' topic! :wink:
L8 EM

Wow this thing is amazing. Is the frame really all wood or do you have a matel frame sandwiched in there? And if it is all wood, what did you do for the headstock and bottom bracket?

BrigmasterA said:
Wow this thing is amazing. Is the frame really all wood or do you have a matel frame sandwiched in there? And if it is all wood, what did you do for the headstock and bottom bracket?
"

The frame is all wood. The front triangle is made from LVL-laminated veneer lumber, then sandwiched by the 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood. The inside is actually hollow. The bottom bracket and headset are just pressed into the wood. The front starting spilting so I put those bolts in front of it. besides the fork, the only metal part of the frame are the rear dropouts.

The LVL is also used for the rear deck and the seat. The rear deck helps give some structure to the rear area.

I don't think you want that Sensor. This was alot easier than it looks. I used simple tools than most everyone has. The best part was coming up with the plan.

Latest posts

Back