Yard Ornament -7/31 AS GOOD AS IT'S GONNA GET!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just looked through your build thread. a really fun build chock full of rare and hard to find parts. I wasn't aware anyone made a repop of the Huffman Firestone chain guard! where did you run across it? also loved the photos with the Twin-Flex frame in the background.
Scott

37fleetwood said:
just looked through your build thread. a really fun build chock full of rare and hard to find parts. I wasn't aware anyone made a repop of the Huffman Firestone chain guard! where did you run across it? also loved the photos with the Twin-Flex frame in the background.
Scott
I think the guard was made by Chestnut Hollow in the 80's or 90's. It was on a Twin-Flex i bought from them on ebay which not surprisingly turned out not too well. The guard is a cast piece without any rear attachment. It took a lot of work to get it to look as good as it does.

herr_rudolf said:
Great workmanship and the headlight set-up is just too cool...

Thanks for the compliment. I've had those H-bars for a long time and thought they were pretty wierd when on a bike by themselves. I was looking through my box of lights and came across the 2 matching Elgin lights and it just came to me to mount them in the drop sections of the bars. Finally a use for the bars!

Latest posts

Back