Yella’ Ross

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, not really a build, but a spiffy in a jiffy.

I scored this super clean old Ross Eurotour5 for a $10 spot a month or so ago.

it had a flat and dry rotted rear tire, but other than that, it looks pretty good.

I really like colored tires, so after 2 mis-orders (due to awkward ISO size 26” wheels) I finally found a good fit!!!

Im going to add some sharp new rubber, flip the bars and add bar tape, shine her up real good and see if I can make a few bucks on it!!!

2611AF59-BAA3-4789-8176-15F556658CE7.jpeg
2E3AC259-A600-4CEE-BBAE-03D08F653CC9.jpeg
1CDA2D13-B69D-4CA0-B5A4-F12F336E75C0.jpeg

Meh.... getting closer.

Even though I’ve been off since Monday, I’ve been super busy and have not had much time for bike projects. (I have got all my workouts in and got in 25 miles early this afternoon!)

I putzed a little on this guy. Mocked up the front wheel. Got the bars flipped..... I had been keeping the wheels in our dining room and living room which was not scoring many points with my wife before thanksgiving!!

It started to rain, so I stopped. May not get this guy alive until Friday.... actually, probably after that. -I was short a tube that would fit a 1 3/8” tire, so I need that to come in.
4C7780AA-CE3E-415E-BADC-A299EB7DD2A2.jpeg

Those tires are a good choice.

I'm not always fan of non-black tread tires, but the grey really works on that bike.
Thanks Verrt! I’m a huge fan of colored tires, but you definitely need to be careful. There’s a super fine line between nostalgic or unique cool and tacky!!!!!

My summer build off bike, the grammaw patina bike, I wanted to do blue tires.... I thought it would be just too much and went the traditional black.
59FB5F65-329C-400D-9B28-9F7E3235CE0C.jpeg

I like the yellow seat.
Thanks! I wanted to toss it, but I knew I’d never use it anywhere else. To me, it stuck out like a sore thumb on the bike as I got it.

So, I went all in with the yellow bars and tires to try to make it less obvious and blend all the yellows together and make the colors on the bike flow.

I think it worked!

Think it looks pretty good. I've seen so many of these cheap upright bicycles from the seventies being thrown away. You could probably do something really cool with the frame as it is basically road bike frame but people like to get and repair the ones that come with drop bars already.

Ross bikes I've picked up on the cheap have all been flipped. Never really suited me I guess. They have some awesome parts on 'em tho and I swap old big box bike parts. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back