You know you have a problem with bicycles when...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're in your kitchen and think...

That would make a nice shifter
20201103_085630.jpg

Hmm, headlight housing?
20201103_091029.jpg

I dunno what I could use this for, but it seems like it should go on a bike :39:
20201103_091103.jpg

What regular items have you got around your house that you always think you could turn into bicycle parts?

I have a box of odds and ends and weird bits that I'm looking for a place to use. Best item is a small "EJECTOR SEAT" sign. I cracked it a bit when I tried mounting it on Duck Norris after some wiseguy told me my seat was unrideable.

"Hi I'm Kevin and I'm a bikeaholic . . ."

The forum inspired me to use this item and a kitchen item. The zeppelin ornament comes from the Studebaker pedal car thread. When I saw that antenna topper on the Stude' I picked one up off ebay. Then I remembered all the posts on RRB that use spoons for brake straps and got the idea to use a serving spoon handle bent at a 90 as a bracket for the zeppelin ornament.
20201104_093957.jpg

I like those panniers. Where are they from?

Got them on eBay, made in India. Not really the best build quality but they were kinda cheap, when I bought them, they've almost doubled in price, according to my purchase history. One, the straps broke, repaired it, replaced the straps, then straps broke again. So, might get somethign a little more substantial eventually. Just the thin straps can't handle the weight in them...need to go to a wider belt maybe.

Hah, no, it's a JC Higgins Simpson Sears. CCMs have been hard to find lately....picked up an AMF Roadmaster the other day though.

Got them on eBay, made in India. Not really the best build quality but they were kinda cheap, when I bought them, they've almost doubled in price, according to my purchase history. One, the straps broke, repaired it, replaced the straps, then straps broke again. So, might get somethign a little more substantial eventually. Just the thin straps can't handle the weight in them...need to go to a wider belt maybe.
I've had my eye on I think a similar set of ebay/amazon panniers and wondered how good they were.

Latest posts

Back