Zundapp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frameteam2003 said:

Wow frameteam2003 thanks so much for sharing, that is what you call riding em and not hiding em!
Did anyone else spot the clip near the beginning, (44 sec)the guy doing donuts with a ciggy hanging
out of his mouth. Now don't be thinking you will be getting a movie like that out of me, that is a cool
movie, way cool!

I'm hoping you have been continuing to make progress on this one.

Being trapped on an island can slow down parts I imagine.

Unless you luck out and know where there is a fallen Norfolk pine ready for use?

Looking forward to any progress you have on this one Pirate. :wink:

Sadly I am not going to make the deadline with this one, too much other stuff got in the way, plus my
old stick welder gave up and has gone to where molten metal machines rest. Here she is as she stands
today all mocked up, at least she looks a bit like the real thing.

s9l4.jpg
wcj4.jpg

The chrome fenders will be painted.

jb8b.jpg
uy51.jpg

Working light is just a cheapy torch, the wartime bikes had shades so they couldn't be seen so well at night.
h060.jpg
d7ax.jpg

As I pulled her down I took a pic with the rear seat off, looks okay like this I think.
mho5.jpg
xhbe.jpg

From here a bit more welding, and a heap of sanding and filling of the ply bits, then paint and assembly
can see the glow at the end of the tunnel!

Sweet looking bike!

Too bad ya cant complete it in time :(

BUT.... don't " pull the plug " on the project totally,

just be sure to keep all your buddy's here posted when the time does finally come :wink:

Good luck!

We're all rootin for ya! :D

:mrgreen:

Bummer--sorry it's not going to make it by the 1st. Keep at it, it looks good. (And don't forget the "OH SH*T!" handle ring for the back seat.

So a bit of slow progress, seem to have done a lot but doesn't look like much, lots of filling and sanding to get
to where she is now, at least it is all one colour! I live pretty isolated so have to build with what I have, lots of
scrap plywood gone into this! More wood work than metal work!
2f0911g.jpg
2ntlax0.jpg

She will be a two seater like to original but will spend sometime as a single seater as I think she looks better
with out the second seat.
2ntlax0.jpg
2lj12dw.jpg

That's a Honda CT 90 headlight surround and a VW oil filler cap topping off the fake tank.
30ljf5c.jpg
27zhpbc.jpg

The little box on top of the tank was used for storage on the original, seats will be covered eventually.

zt9e1u.jpg
rclb4i.jpg

The original had heat shields on the muffler, I am using them to stop the passengers feet getting stuck in the spokes.
The foot pegs again from a Honda CT90

Bit more to do but some light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
You doing some great fab work with that scrap plywood! To me, that makes it even cooler!

Good to see the progress on this one.

Also like letting us know of the ct90 bits you used.

Looking more like your original vision all the time and I like the way the original heat shields become a safety factor for the passenger.

Have got back into a few details on this one, used an old trailer hitch for the passenger handle.

2i8tyxz.jpg
2csjpq9.jpg

Really wanted a taillight close to to original, so scratch built this, an old can and some plywood.

w9coiq.jpg
htwieq.jpg

o5ukhf.jpg
504d90.jpg

122dydv.jpg
x1hk7c.jpg

Bit of bondo and some sand paper got me close.

122dydv.jpg
2qu67gx.jpg

Finally a shifter from a couple of VW Beetle heater cable levers.

2yyduvq.jpg
2i7vkaq.jpg

2lborxd.jpg
33jtir5.jpg

Nearly ready for paint only problem my compressor quit!

Latest posts

Back