ZygoteLittle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m a sculpture, born and raised in Manhattan’s East Village (I was a teenager during the 60’s, a crazy time indeed!)
My passions are Rat Rods, choppers and Schwinn Stingray Krates. Rat Rods allow for an infinite variety of ideas/interpretations on what really constitutes a build – cool stuff in my book any day!!!

My most recent build is a BFK that I customized by lacing a Shimano Nexus 7-speed rear onto the original hoop; a 1970(?) Puch moped front drum brake onto an aluminum 16” hoop and connecting a parking brake handle and cable from a Worksman Trike to it; a sissy bar; Harley-Davidson tool bag; LED front headlights and tail lights, black acorn nuts off of an OCC Schwinn Stingray for the axles front and rear and finally, a 7-speed rapid-fire shifter.

I’ve been lurking your website for about the last 5-months; this weekend’s Human Powered Vehicle Festival in Ayer, Mass was the catalyst for joining the Rat Rods group; I hope to make at least a modest contribution to this forum. The RR guys I met in Ayer were awesome friendly and passionately knowledgeable about their bikes – a solid friendship in the making!

Peace and take care of yourselves, José

WELCOME! You'll fit right in here. Your bike got a LOT of attention at the HPVF, everytime I looked there was someone different riding it.

Welcome, It was good talking to you yesterday, Your bike was quite a hit, very comfortable to ride. My son was even able to ride it with his cast on. We all love pics on this site so show some when you can

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome!

I'll be posting pics soon in the Ayer, HPVF thread!

Need to get my act together :oops:

KC so-cal said:
welcome in, show us your builds!

Ayer, MA on the customized Giant Stiletto
S5001504.jpg

Park Ave. NYC at the Summerstreets NYC 2011 on the customized BFK
S5001474.jpg

Welcome Jose ,it was great to meet you again since the 2009 NEMB museum swap meet. :)
Thanks for riding in with me from that torturous "comfortable " bike route Saturday.
It's hard to appreciate the scenery when your head is down panting for your next breath!
I had the wrong bike. Great pics ,thanks for sharing..Keep riding.....Stevil

Thanks for the welcome guys!

It was good meeting you again too, Stevil! It’s hard to believe that the 2009 NEMB museum swap meet occurred 2-years ago – man, time is going by a little too quickly!

In as far as the “comfortable” bike ride is concerned, I too was toast – we both had the wrong bikes for that ride! However, having said that, we both had the right rides for the event!!! :)

Peace Stevil

nice meeting you at HPVF Jose. Thanks for letting me ride your bike. It's a sweet ride indeed. welcome.

-Ian

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
nice meeting you at HPVF Jose. Thanks for letting me ride your bike. It's a sweet ride indeed. welcome.

-Ian
Thank you and you’re welcome, Ian.

Latest posts

Back