The place to compete against another forum member in a mini build off.
I'm going to a bike show this Saturday. If I return with anything worth stripping then I'm in. Also, "no welding" was mentioned. What if the frame is missing something like fender stays? Can we weld some in where they originally were?
It's easier to shine like chrome when you're surrounded by rust
If I'm setting the rules, you can have anything you want. As long as something is bare metal that usually isn't bare metal. I didn't think this was going to happen, now I better get going!
Here's the frame I'm going to use. I sure hope the original paint doesn't look good under there.
Here's the plan:
1. Add an extra BB, suggested by someone. A Huffy will supply the extra BB, no welding if I can make it work.
2. Snyder spiral sprocket.
3. The beehive springer will be stretched forward to make room for the cranks. After it's stripped to bare metal, spring and all.
4. 3 speed SA w coaster heavy duty wheelset. They might be bare metal or painted.
5. Hunk of some kind of metal for a tank.
6. WF rear rack, also stripped to bare metal.
I still have to work out the bottom bracket mounting plan and get handlebars and seat. I also need a seat stem that will fit this frame.
Sweet! Relocating the BB was my idea!
I can't wait to see this baby come to life!
Best of luck with the front end too, this is gonna be cool.
Coasters Kustom Bicycle club
"Cause it's cheaper than cars!"
Click Here For More Info
Ok I'll make this official if anyone is in.
Who is in? I don't want to wind up with just 2 again, like the folder build off.
I'm set to get cutting and sanding, but I'm holding off until we have a committed group.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest