Keep a diary of your latest build here.
It's primer black for now until I get a paint scheme figured out...I kind of like it like that though, but I just want to get it together and ride it!
Drilled a hole to mount the rear clamp brake, have to go grab a few chains to put together for it later. Don't want to rush, but could be riding it tonight or tomorrow night...and that makes me smile
(This might be the first bike that I'll post a pic of me sitting on just because of the stance and how cool it feels to sit on)
Here it is with bb...in primer...waiting to get put on the chain
Thanks! I originally planned on one, but I like it with the 26 on there for now.
My goal was to use as many parts as possible off of the 3 bikes I started with and spend as little as possible. I ended up getting a FREE huffy mtn bike which donated the tires/wheels and the brake, used a leftover cable from a kit, and the brake lever off a Raleigh mtn bike. The primer was leftover as well. The ONLY money spent that was SPECIFICALLY for this bike was roughly $16 on the chain and the homemade chain adjusters. So, this was a pretty darn cheap build!
Here it is as a moving and stopping bicycle...
I have some more details to add yet, but, this may be it....or it may tell me to paint it...we'll just have to see what my monster desires
I converted the headlight to LED. First time I used an angle grinder to cut the lens off of a glass sealed beam...worked surprisingly well! No pics yet, will post finished pics soon
This was the first bike done under my new moniker "Southwest 6th Customs and Classics"...trying to get some people together for rides and stuff in my area. And this was the first to wear the logo...
So, I finally ordered a wheel to do a 24x3 rear tire. Then decided to make a few other changes...
...not sure how far I'm going with this, but I think these are improvements and are moving it in the direction I had originally imagined for this build
Swapped the chain ring with a Schwinn one (much nicer looking than the one from the Empire), and made some filler panels out of license plates. These were newer plates, so I hit them with a worn out flap disc on my grinder, soaked them in a mix of apple cider vinegar, coffee grounds, and steel wool. than smeared the mixture on them after a day and dried them with a heat gun...they look like I dug them out of a junkyard now....PERFECT!
Almost finished now...I ordered some spikes from [url]studsandspikes.com[/url] that I might add. And, I want to seal in my faux finish on the panels and apply some age to the fasteners for the panels.
Snapped a couple of pics at lunch and played with photobucket's edit tools...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests