Start your RRB Build Off diaries here!
also figured out how to attatch the bars. I got 2 little kids bike quil stems from a project I scrapped years ago. They barely fit in the tripple tree tubing. I think you may know where I am going with this. I will cut the clamps off and weld the stems to the handlebars. It will limit the angle of the bars but I should be able to adjust the height. Its warming up in Salem Oregon so I will do some attic picking later in the day. Also I need some front fenders to modify. I got an old rear fender and I will steel a rear fender of an old Western Flyer to use for the front. With the collection of parts on hand, this project has cost me $00.00 so far. I almost bought new tires and a new set of fenders but I 'm keeping it on a Ratrod budget!
I use the same stripper. It is way cheaper than the spray stuff for the amount you can do with it and it works better.
By the way, we're talking about PAINT stripper here.
I tried being serious, but it was boring.
Is this the stripper that you guys share??
So I found 2 almost identical quil stems and cut the clamp in half. This will give make it cleaner look and give more weld area for a good bond rather than what I originally was going to do (cut the clamp part altogether). here are some before and after photos. I started out by positioning the 2 stems in the tripple tree tubes, then positioned the fork on a chair while the handlebars were cradled in the stems and leaning against a table. Creative jigging gotta love it.
Finishing up some welds
Tank saw mine today. Yours is immaculate.
Love the work that you are putting into this. Looking sharp and well engineered.
Gee thanks, Sometimes good creativity comes from a lack of money.
As builds go sometimes, they move in the path they want to go rather than where you originally wanted to take it. I'm going to scrap the front fender idea and just go with a rear and keep the build simple so I can focus on the finer details and....August is coming up.
Look great! Keep it up, it's going to look great when it's done.
Its been in the 80's and 90's around here so I started painting parts.
Here is the tank and rear fender. I was going with a front fender but want to keep it looking simple.
Masked the wheel for painting.
Scallop masking. Its so clean as it is, but I plan on outlining the edges with red paint (pin stripping)
Nice dart work!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest