TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️TIRES SELECTED⚡️⚡️⚡️TANK BUILDING⚡️⚡️⚡️FENDER & SKIRT MOCK-UP⚡️⚡️⚡️PIPES⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of hive parts right there!
Cool solution for your seat post. I am guessing that should work fine.
The 5/8 post and sleeve were a close to snug fit. I slathered the JB weld on both the post and sleeve. Unless I try to do the twist while riding, I think it will hold up fine. ✌🏻
Looking forward to this!
Hopefully I’ll get time this weekend to tackle the tank. It will be a drawn out process though. ✌🏻

I made a choice of tires I wanted to run. These aggressive looking Ralson nylon tires are 2.35 wide with a thick knobby. Going to need some heat from the sun to squeeze them on. Nylon is not very forgiving.
IMG_5385.jpeg
IMG_5386.jpeg

Today I got the tank roughly cut out of the 2x4. I think I may have just enough sculpture block to make the tank from. I still have to trim up the buck to slide through the tank housing, then I can add the foam and start sculpting something. I am going to play with the idea of adding pipes for a fun look. I also mocked up a fender skirt set that I really like, but unsure if it will head that way. I have a duck tailed front fender, that fits nicely with the skirt on the back and accomplishes the “bobbed” fender look I want. I prefer to flip front fenders to the back for that look, which keeps me from cutting up good fenders and I can also revert back to an original configuration.
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5388.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5393.jpeg
IMG_5331.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg
IMG_5392.jpeg

Last edited:
I love skirts on a build. From experience, just make sure to keep everything loose until you are sure of the clearances needed for everything (wheels. tires, chainline, crankarms, etc). Then you can dial the full fitting all in around those restrictions. Initial view looks like it should fit well.

Latest posts

Back