1969 CCM 28" wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this 1969 CCM today....I had one like it as a kid, minus all the fenders and child seat! lol. Check out that child seat eh? It folds up! I've been searching for a decent 28" wheel humpback CCM for a while now. I just bought a nice cherry 1959 2 bar model but it's too nice to change, so I'm going to sell it and fix this one instead.

I plan to polish it (keep original paint), new taller and wider handlebars, new seat, dual kickback rear hub and maybe other stuff...not sure yet. I might keep the child seat and make it into a carrying rack of some kind....ahh maybe not, who knows.

Any ideas for me?

ccm110.jpg

ccm210.jpg

1969?? That child seat looks like it's from 1900.. :shock: By the way.. I say lengthen the frame, add a drop loop bottom section, and turn it into a boardtracker. You know you want to :wink:

haha....what's a drop loop bottom section anyway? My next door neighbour has an old 5-speed ladies cruiser that's rusting away ...I'm thinking the frame tubing cut and welded might make some good handlebars!

I kinda came up with this idea....I'm not much of an artist but I try.

Lose the kids seat (Duhhh!), shorten the fenders, new leather spring seat, side skirts (or gas tank type thing...maybe even welded in panels there).

concep11.jpg

Looks pretty good :) And you could always try flipping your current set of handlebars upside down before going out to spend money on a new set. Just a thought.

Ya, that would give it a cool racer style, which is what I like but I really like upright position and taller bars actually. I'm open to suggestion!

Here we go. I like the look without the fenders, not sure about the handlebars....I like the look but I don't find it comfortable to ride.

concep12.jpg

This playing with the photo and drawing on it is really working for me! I was going to do this bike up as my keeper project however I might just do this to it instead and use another bike I have as my keeper project, a '59 CCM that is pretty sweet all original but no fun that way.

This evening my 9 year old son and I stripped off the fenders and child seat, flipped the bars, changed the seat and PRESTO, a really cool bike! Even he can ride it! Just need a cool old leather saddle and new tires and it'll be perfect just like that. I'm not doing anything else to it...just going to leave it as is!! This thing flies too, fast and smooth just like I remember these things to be

I'll fix up my '59 CCM instead I've decided.

new69a10.jpg

new69b10.jpg

Ya, you were 100% right....it's like a racer....my son loves it! So do I actually. We'll just put some new tires and find an old leather seat and leave it as is....dusty, dirty, oily and scratched up...it's perfect!

Back