1969 flying wedge bmx attempt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i got bored and decided to do something with my cursed flying wedge that keeps coming back to me
i decided to call her christine after the stephen king classic movie/book
i have been chosen i am now the bikes owner rather or not i like it lol
so here it is
mostly junk parts i cant use on other bikes
the front wheel looks cool because its a very high flange next wheel
the rear is from the same bike a next turbo that is no longer amongst the living
seat is old huffy
front forks are a crusty rusty huffy pair that i sure will snap with the first jump i take
mini klunker? lol more like mini junk pile but its got nice ide tires on it for those Nebraska dirt roads around me
i shall try it out and see how badly hurt i get good thing my insurance is paid in full lol
here she is
enjoyyyyy!!!!
0402131422_01_zps8ffaf75a.jpg

ps i fixed the chain and seat they work but ugh nuff said bout that lol

surprisingly Christine help up well
only problem i have is chain keeps falling off
gonna swap out the front sprocket its too hard to pedal so im gonna run a smaller front sprocket
not too bad but not something id trust on the track
its a good bomber bike just to throw around in the dirt
im gonna do some tweaking to it and make a few adjustments and this l bird just might be useable thanks for reading
Sean

thats choice!! back in the 70's , before real BMX bikes came out, we BMX'd out whatever we had , my best bud had hodaka bars on his 10 speed eliminator and I had riverside bars and a brooks mattress seat on my Colombia playbike with a three speed shimano. we stripped all the "useless" parts off over a period of months before we busted both of the frames and ended up getting real BMX bikes, but we rode the crap outa those muscle frames.. 8)

thanks scrumblero
glad you like it
it has done quite well but i bent the rear wheel
im gonna be running a freewheel rear rim on it And when funds allow me to do so im gonna add a mx seat
it does seem to be a bit tougher then i expected
i remember doing the same thing before bmx came out building up a sting ray although i did have a Yamaha motobike a one point wish i still had it
thanks for looking
sean

Latest posts

Back