1988 GT Mach One

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scored this today. I'm guessing mid/late 80s GT. Sticker on seat tube says Huntington Beach, but that doesnt mean it is. Not sure if the blue paint is original, but it's a real good paint job if it's a repaint. GT forks, chainwheel, seat post clamp, and seat post looks like it had a GT sticker on it at one time. The bike also has aluminum Powerlite powerbend bars, DK stem,GT grips (that say "made in usa"),Dia-Compe MX1 brake with the Weinmann semi automatic adjuster and alloy wheels with old school ACS hubs. Anyone know GT serial numbers, or where I can find them? The serial number is on the left rear dropout.
bluegt001.jpg

Re: $10 yard sale GT

It's definitely a GT,as it's stamped "GT" and "4130" on the end of the top tube, on the flat area behind the seat tube, and on the left rear dropout. The forks are also stamped "GT" by the dropouts. Right next to the serial number is M1, which, according to bmxmuseum.com, means it's a Mach One built in Santa Ana. I do believe the blue paint is original, too.

Great find!

Looks like the bike has 20" x .75" ARAYA 7X wheels which is nice.

Let's see a better photo of the stem.

Here's a close up of the stem. The wheels are Femco, made in Taiwan.
bluegt005.jpg

Back