1st Annual Tulsa Route 66 Classic & Vintage Bicycle Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all !

I am happy to announce a new bike show here in Tulsa that I am hosting. This a call out to all you collectors,builders and parts freaks that love to buy, sell & show.
Please check out the website and don't hesitate to contact me for info as well. I thinks it's gonna be fun!
Soonerbills

Here's the link!
http://www.soonerbillz.com/

For all who are thinking about attending, selling at the swap or entering in the show when you visit the site please log in and post in the guestbook so I can sort of get a idea of who's coming as far as forum members. Thanks..
I have had a lot of positive responses as for bike exhibitors but the more the merrier. We have a great little band booked for Saturday and I ordered quite a bit of liquor for the bar LOL
I have Updated the site and changed a few things around too

screw_dup said:
hey man. i just saw the CL listing. Sounds cool. I hope to make the journey.

Anybody else?

Thanks! Glad to have ya. Brings some friends,parts and bikes! And have a good time!

Well it's only 2 more months till the show! It's gonna be fun! We're still asking for vendors and contestants to sign on!
The C/V charity ride route will be finalized this week and posted on the site.

Hi Y'all,
We have finalized the Sunday charity C/V ride route and all the info is on the site. Still plenty of room for the swap meet and we are hoping more contestants for the competition show will sign up.
If you are planning on attending or participating please let me know or leave a message on the show's web forum. And please if you visit the website let us know who you are by posting the guest book.
We are looking forward to a great show and hope as many as possible of y'all can come and show off your beautiful rides. With luck the weather will be excellent for the outside vendors and with the big brand new A/C units just installed in the Rose Bowl it will be nice and cool inside.

If you are interested in a booth for the swap meet time is drawing near! reserve your booth soon,
We hope more than a few Rat bikes are entered in the show! :)

Well the days have just flown by and now it is only a couple of weeks before this show happens! We look forward to your presence and hope you enjoy your time at the event.
If you are entering a bike in the show please let us know ASAP. All entries can be made online through the website, otherwise you can PM me or email and of course call if you wish.
Again here is the website addy where you can find all of the info:
http://www.soonerbillz.com
If you enter a bike please be sure to make and bring a small board for each entry describing the bike, mainly make,year and model and any other special details. If you have any personal decorations we will be happy to accommodate you any way we can but space is limited so nothing too large please. We would like the bikes to be here by Friday afternoon but they must be at the show no later 7AM Saturday
There are still swap meet booths available so please reserve yours now if you are planning on having one!
We have had quite a bit of positive feedback and are daily receiving reservations. We are still working on finishing touches and are hoping this 1st time show is a success and everyone has a good time!
Well thanks again and I look forward to meeting you!
Scott

I'll be there. I registered in Three categories. may bring two bikes or three if my build off bike is complete by then. hope to meet some other folks.

bmx/stingray category
4675804855_092fce1974_b.jpg

ratrod category
4676421660_567b92ef9c_b.jpg

and i may bring this for the custom road bike category if it is finished:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27248

The event was canceled due to a general lack of interest. After 6 months of advertising and a large amount of capital out lay on my behalf I was unable to generate more than a few contestants, only a couple of serious swap meet vendors and NO Tulsa bike shop involvement. Sadly the Tulsa bike community did not seem interested in a large show to showcase classic or custom bicycles or even a swap meet in air conditioning! I did not want to cancel the event and have invested quite a bit of time and effort but I could not afford to lose any more on this and could not attract a single sponsor to offset the costs. Sorry to have wasted anybody's time.
Scott

That is really too bad. I know the first show is always tough. Maybe you can do like I did and get your local Rotary or Lions club to sponser the show in order to raise money for a charitable cause. That way, they would pay for advertising and awards. Just a thought. Cliff

Sorry to hear about this show not taking off. I've heard that Tulsa is turning into a hip place to be too.

I think the key to success with this kind of thing is to start small just to see what kind of response you get. Not that this is news to you at this point.

You know when the biggest classic bike event in the U.S. (Ann Arbor) only last about 5 hours that it will be tough to get something going...especially over multiple days.

I think swap meets tend to attract people more than shows do. I know that they used to have a small show that went along with the swap meet that Scott M. of The Cabe puts on every year in Hurst, TX and it seems like they dropped the show option due to lack of interest, but the swap meet keeps getting bigger each year.

Yes definetly start small and try to grow it each year.

This was the first year for the Midwest Bicycle swapmeet, and I believe it was a success, I really didnt have high expectations, but the attendance far exceeded everything I imagined. Keep in mind even though you say you didnt have enough participation, many people will not register in advance. They just show up.

My swap was a pretty simple deal, didnt cost a bunch, so In case nobody showed up I wasnt out a ton of $$.

Think about bringing it back, Several of us Wichita folk were thinking of coming

Back