2006 Schwinn Purple Sting-RAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was six...I got a purple 'mustang' bike.

OHHHHHHHHHH Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!

I did it again! :oops:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-CLASSIC-S ... dZViewItem

STINGRAY_PUR.jpg

I'm going to have to get myself banned from E-bay...maybe bid on a Ferrari and not pay up. :wink:

nice !!!!, i was eyeballin the coppertone at the LBS yesterday, same price as yours w shippin for the SS's, he sells em one at a time, still got a ton of em (diffeent colors/speeds) in "the upstairs" boxed up.

Cool!!!!!!!

That's cool...

Well...as long as a truckload don't show up here in Canada at the local 'Sport Mart'. I'll try and block out my recent UPS donations. :?

a lot of the stuff he sells are 2nds tho, mainly just stuff that was scratched when packin or maybe a bad spot on the clear coat, then again some of em you dont know why theyre considered 2nds, all i know is the price is cheaper and if your gonna ride it, it usuallly recieve more scratches the first couple days ridin than his bikes have on em.

RatFink.... I love that bike !!!
nyam.gif

I want to get one myself but if I cant ride it Im
not going to. Do you think a 5'10, 158 lb person
could fit on it ??
I know the obvious answer is to go to an LBS and
check it out but where I live the only place that even
might have one of these (Burlington) is two
hours away.

Possibly...

-=RaTb0y=- said:
RatFink.... I love that bike !!!
nyam.gif

I want to get one myself but if I cant ride it Im
not going to. Do you think a 5'10, 158 lb person
could fit on it ??
I know the obvious answer is to go to an LBS and
check it out but where I live the only place that even
might have one of these (Burlington) is two
hours away.

I was surpized how much knee room I have on the Grey Ghost, it's not bad for an adult. Not sure about the Sting-ray...but with no gears I won't be riding it too far anyway. Just to cruz a little on 'what's happening ave.' and around on the bike path downtown when the girls are out. Plus having the two I have one for a friend to ride...look ridic together :wink:

Haha i weigh 250 PLUS I ride my buddys original schwinn stingray.. Darn things squeeking sounding like its gonna break ITS GREAT!

Nahhh its all good lol. My bikes are used 2 it though.

Re: Possibly...

RatFink said:
I was surpized how much knee room I have on the Grey Ghost, it's not bad for an adult. Not sure about the Sting-ray...but with no gears I won't be riding it too far anyway. Just to cruz a little on 'what's happening ave.' and around on the bike path downtown when the girls are out. Plus having the two I have one for a friend to ride...look ridic together :wink:

Thanks RatFink !
The BBT will be making a stop at my house soon !
For that price Ill worry about fitting on it later. :lol:
yahoo.gif
Woo Hoo !!
New StingRay !!

Coool.

Sweet...you could not resist either? It is the most basic of sting-rays...the Ghost is all pimped up but the '06 Purple is the bare bones high rise.

Ya...I doubt your weight would be an issue. As for size you just have to put the seat up high and kick the bars out a bit...they look cool that way 8)

Re: Coool.

RatFink said:
Sweet...you could not resist either? It is the most basic of sting-rays...the Ghost is all pimped up but the '06 Purple is the bare bones high rise.

Ya...I doubt your weight would be an issue. As for size you just have to put the seat up high and kick the bars out a bit...they look cool that way 8)

Yeah, I couldnt resist !!
The purple Telletubbie is my fav-o-rite 'tubbie so I
love some purple :lol:

Hopefully I can hold off on the 'Ghost cuz its down to
169.00 now. We are 'sposed to be packing to move.
My wife is going to FLIP when she sees yet another
bicycle in the workshop :shock:

Save the box...

Save the box and all the packing materials... :p

Back