3 for Free - "Lowrider Collection" Bare Bones & 2 Giants

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these three today for free. 8)

Little 16" pink Giant for my 3-year old daughter. In great shape aside from the surface rust on the wheels. She thinks it's awesome even with the rust. :wink:
tzvvcgsg.jpg

Giant GFR 20" bmx in basically new condition for my 11-year old daughter. I can't believe someone didn't want this bike.
ujjumvea.jpg

And then one for Dad. At first glance I thought it was a Schwinn because of the headbadge. Upon closer inspection I find out it's a "Lowrider Collection". Never heard of this brand. Did a Google search and only found them at Spooky Tooth Cycles in Bisbee, AZ. Looks like it's the Bare Bones model that has had some changes. Tires, seat, pedals, and the funky sprocket look to be different than what's pictured on the website. Anyone heard of this brand before?

This bike rides so nice and smooth. I just plan on working it over with steel wool and leaving it as is.

ye5rwp2c.jpg

ywzm3ejw.jpg

wyuuvhju.jpg

lqk1iruy.jpg

tmuwnt4w.jpg

p01yr30u.jpg

jyi4531i.jpg

iyzcyoic.jpg

Nice! I find that after I work chrome over w/steel wool a good once over w/never dull wadding polish is real good maintenance. Waxing it once a year can't hurt either. Your kids are going to love the Giants as well,I picked up a Simplex Cruiser about 4 years ago for a c-note. Been one of my faves ever since,very lightweight and well built! Later & PEACE!!! :wink:

TheFlyingDingo said:
wow...nice chrome bike. I bet thats one of those aftermarket headbadge deals though

I don't know what the deal with the headbadge is, but this is no lowrider. :lol:

Slick Rick said:
Nice! I find that after I work chrome over w/steel wool a good once over w/never dull wadding polish is real good maintenance. Waxing it once a year can't hurt either.

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to find that stuff and give it a try. 8)

schwinnmesa said:
Nice scores dude, especially the last two. :D

Thanks! It was pretty exciting to find all three at the same time. I left behind one of those half-bike things that clamps on to the seatpost so one of the kids can ride behind. It was a Schwinn and in good shape. :|

Rustinkerer said:
No bike like a free bike!! :D Your cat looks kinda like ours-
LuckyJuly7tho7003.jpg
'Lucky'

Not only free, but in perfect working order! The only thing any of them needed was a cleaning. 8) That chrome bike is turning out beautiful! I'll have to start a post over in the gallery soon.

That cat is one of our three. Some guys found a litter of day-old kittens where my wife works while they were mowing the field behind the place. Almost chopped 'em up. Mom cat had abandoned and so we brought them home and bottle fed them. Lost two, but the remaining three are now part of the family. 8)

Back