'58 Humber AKA: ~DYNAMO-HUMB~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this '58 Humber recently but the frame's slightly tweaked.
P1011284.jpg

Heres a pre-teardown mockup.
P1011299.jpg

tore her down and deciced to try and straighten the frame first. Yuck!
P1011302.jpg

A little better. Wish I had a torch at home. Oh well it's a rat, ain't it?
P1011305.jpg

The bike cost me $40 so I was singing "I done spent forty dollars and I ain't got a crumb.." :)

If I could find some I would. I'm not sure where to get a set that would match. I have 2 Womens raleigh frames but theyre too short. Does anyone know where I would buy something like that?

The 3 speed Sturmey Archer TCW rear hub on the bike was in a nonfunctioning state so I figured I'd try fixing it. I never dimantled a 3 speed hub before but i figured I can't harm her none, shes already broke.
Here goes nothing.
P1011358.jpg

Gummed up mess inside.
P1011365.jpg

Spock's brain.
P1011366.jpg

Cleaned, reassembled and working good so far. Just needed a degunking. Don't try it without one of these.
view-80.gif

P1011369.jpg

I wanted to put a 22 tooth sprocket on it and found a link through Sheldon Brown's site to a shop, Harris Cyclery that carries all kinda of Sturmey Archer parts. I understand Mr. Brown hung out there quite often. They are located just outside of Boston and as fate would have it we had to visit my father in law up in a Boston hospital. Poor old guy just had triple bypass. One tough ol' dude. Anyway's we swung in on our way home and I picked up 2 sprockets, 2 indicator chains and 2 sets of crank cotters. Nice place, all kinds of fixies and real nice commuter bikes. Life in the city.
P1011367.jpg

P1011368.jpg

Not many bike shops carry this stuff. They were very helpful. Check out there website. I would link it if I knew how.

Latest posts

Back