A Colson for my kid...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my first project post...

Bought this last week, and have been working on it little by little. Still a long way to go, but wanted to get the kid involved a bit.

DSC06798.sized.jpg

Near as I can tell, due to the skiptooth sprocket, etc, I am guessing this to be pre-war Colson, as it appeared when I unloaded it from my van.

After borrowing the front wheel from my old '89 Giant, and the rear tire, so I could check out the repacking of the New Departure coaster brake hub, here's what she looks like now. (seat just set upon the seatpost for this pic)

Photo_030709_003.sized.jpg

Here's a couple of shots from her "test ride." I believe the kid is hooked.

Photo_030709_001.sized.jpg

Photo_030709_002.sized.jpg

Have a set of Kenda Flames on the way for this bike, and am working on getting it's wheels cleaned up and trued, so I can put my Giant back together. Need to scrounge up a seat clamp that will work for this bike.

Any suggestions on some pedals that I can use on this thing? All the pedals I have lying around are late metric stuff.

Since she Is a cute girl child ,the bike will work perfect. I would buy some of the barefoot pedals. Wallyworld has them and probably everybody else too. They work good for kids because the will jump on a bike without shoes alot.
Nice job cleaning it so far . Nice bike.

I'd say with a smile like that, she loves it. But is she doesn't, I'll be your (big) kid. I like riding girls bikes. Cool, Looks nice

Back