SWB0 After thought

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for the paint and the rest of my parts to show up. Started sanding the frame and the forks down. Hopeing to have everything paint ready by Wednesday when the paint arrives.
IMG_20240316_194707841.jpg

Started painting yesterday evening. Decided to match the bike to the seats color scheme. Finished the forks and handlebars. Frame has been sanded and primer applied. About to wet sand it and then taping it off. New brake pads, cables and housings will be delivered tomorrow. I'm waiting a couple more days on the brake/shift levers. Undecided if I'm going with the 8 speed rear cassette that came on the rear wheel, or if I put the 9 speed cassette that came with the bike or put a 10 speed cassette on that should be delivered later today. And if I go with the 10 speed cassette I'm thinking just a 2 ring front set up instead of 3.

IMG_20240325_183203346.jpg

Is the two rings up front essential or for style?
If your asking about the rings on the front of the brake arms those are the pegs the arms rotate on. I just haven't put the allen head retainer bolts in yet. I'm waiting until I am finished. I painted the bolt heads and don't want to chip the paint putting them on and taking them off a bunch times.

Man, what a bummer on the cable housings.
But even though you got a great bike together. And that paint job! Amazing! 🤩
Thanks. I'm bummed the parts are late. Tracking number says they will be here today so hopefully I'll get it road ready this afternoon. The paint turned out better then I thought it would. I'm going to order some new specialized decals for it and I'll be having a custom head badge decal made as well.

Amazing paint job!! Too bad on the late parts, but what a nice bike!
Thanks. I'm still waiting on the cable housings. I'm working on it right now. Just put new painted to match crank arms and a larger 2 ring front sprocket set on. New pedals. And a bit of paint touch-up on the hand painted wheel graphics. And a new chain is next. It's been a fun build and can't wait to ride it.

Back