Ahoy there!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
I'm completely new to the term 'Ratrod' as of about three hours ago, so hope I'm in the right place. Basically, I'm into tinkering around with those heavy, slow old roadster push bikes of yesteryear & have a collection of far to many rough old wrecks & parts. The crazy thing is, being a little guy most of the Roadsters I have are way to tall for me to even ride properly, rendering my having them pointless! Yeah I know; even I have trouble taking myself seriously at times...

After recently destroying my beloved low slung Pashley with a foolish & ham-fisted attempt at brazing (Live & learn, eh?), my current ride is an old '52 Robin Hood bought for the princely sum of fifteen pounds sterling. Riding position is of course ... bolt upright!
Chain%20side.jpg

Thar she blows.

Rotten%20rim.jpg

Good as new!

Looking forward to scouring the forum for ideas & inspiration, & to see the cool looking contraptions on show!

WELCOME!.....I take it you live across the "pond". :D

Nice ol bike. Welcome. Do you know the musician Chris Wood. Ive been trying to get his Lark Descending CD for some time now, Not available over here.
Welcome and enjoy the site.
JT

Nice ol bike. Welcome.

Thanks. Not unlike myself it's a tad rough around the edges, but despite it's looks it actually runs literally as good as new. Nothing rattles or squeeks & there's no play in any of the bearings. It's as if someone bought it new & never used it; Just left it out in the rain for 56 years instead!

Do you know the musician Chris Wood. Ive been trying to get his Lark Descending CD for some time now, Not available over here.

That's a new one on me, I can't say as I do (we share the same surname though, as an aside!). If an album isn't popular enough to keep in stock, a good record shop should still be able to source you a copy through special order for anything currently in print, even if it didn't get a USA release. I've obtained a number of obscure albums like this; it's just a question of persuading the spotty teenager behind the counter to fill in an order form for you - not always easy!

Latest posts

Back