An Appeal To Calgarians, Or Anyone Else Willing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help on this one. Not too long ago, I asked a close friend of mine to go for a bike ride since it was such a nice day. She told me she didn't have a bike, so I let her borrow my mountain bike. Nonetheless, it got me thinking. Seems to me everyone should have a bike. And so, I've decided to surprise her with one. I think a nice ladies cruiser would do perfectly. However, this brought up an issue. Where to find a starter. Bow Cycle's bike drive is over and I've scoured the local classified. No luck and I'm out of ideas. So I was wondering if anyone had any ladies bikes they would not mind parting with, for a price of course. If you're in the Calgary area, that's great, and if you're not but are still willing to work something out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a complete bike or just a frameset to build up?

Too bad Anna's not around anymore - she always seemed to find the cool stuff.

BTW - I checked on the fork and unfortunately I don't have a spare that would work. Dumpster Diver has some for sale in the classifieds though.

-Mp

Sorry bud...no girl's bikes.

It always seems when I see a good deal on a vintage it turns out ot be a chick's bike...hummmmmmmmm

I let you know if I hear of anything! :wink:

I'd definitely be okay with building up a frameset if you have one kicking around Mp. And don't worry about the fork, I found the perfect one kicking around at Bow, but thanks for looking.

These two bikes are providing some of the inspiration.

mint01.jpg

lilac1.jpg

I don't really want a huge drop in the downtube, so I'm even considering something similar to the straight bar. But I'm still open-minded, so if you've got something that could fit the bill, I'd love to take a look.

Take a ride around the neighborhood and look in the corner of people's back yards... I did this just today and saw something I would like. Fixing to go ask tomorrow.

How about the blue Schwinn on the left? The chainguard is included too.

sassyhe5.png

I bought it from Hooch last year and I know I won't be able to do anything with it anytime soon.

I may also be selling my stretch limo (running out of room here :roll: )

-Mp

Back