Another New Krate??? Levi Stingray...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Found this as I was surfing the web early today. Evidently Levi+Schwinn are getting together to create a new Krate or Stingray or a combo of both. Kinda looks like the took parts from the Fritz Fifty and used them on this one. Black Fenders, Etc. Check it out, Google Levi Stingray. Share your thoughts...

15831279434_f6bb885572_z.jpg

16266097608_7d2ec3c28f_o.jpg

Looks like they are only making 5 of them?

Luke.

What first popped into my head were the Levi edition Jeeps and Gremlins AMC put out in the '70's. It doesn't look bad, although most likely Black Friday quality.

Haha I thought the same thing! I was looking for a denim seat with red stitching.

I don't care for the newer reproduction Krates, I feel that they don't do the originals justice. I think the first reproductions in 1999 were very well done, but they have gone downhill from there.

It has a pocket shaped reflector. Doe that mean this is gonna be a "POCKET PICKER"?? Hold onto your wallets.:android::crazy:

Would be better with a persons repro seat covered in denim. Pocket Picker lol! Pants Peeler.

Never been a fan of that style of ape hanger either. Kinda dig the sprocket.

After I saw it I thought the same why did they not do a Denim Seat with the Levi tag sewed on. Also a little confused with the color wish they had done blue like Blue Jeans.

I think that the fiftieth anniversary Krate was a good pickup, just for the sake of what that bike stands for, along with the fact that it was a limited edition and will be worth a bit later on. But these things they're coming out with now just don't cut it for me. They are for people that don't know that much about Stingrays, where they are made compared to where they used to be made, etc. I remember when I first started collecting Stingrays. My first one was a Black Friday I saw on e-Bay. Thought I had something, then some collector that I wanted to buy my Kool Yellow 74 J38 from firmly placed a big bump on my head. LOL!

Back